Star Citizen Organization System Released

That is one confusing space sim. Can you explain what and how you get started with it? Those space ships are expensive. How much is the game?

That is one confusing space sim. Can you explain what and how you get started with it? Those space ships are expensive. How much is the game?

That game is real life... real life is the real game 0 _ o

Basically, it's a f2p-pay hybrid. You can play and gain everything that way, or pay for it to get it faster.

To be honest, I'm not happy about the direction it has gone. So, you don't NEED to buy anything (ships etc.) but if you do, you'll get it faster than by playing the game.

Then again, by doing this Chris Roberts has somehow sucked an astounding $30M+ (not sure what the latest is) from people. I'm pretty amazed about it tbh.

The most amazing thing of all is that this is ALL based on hearsay and promises. All he has released so far is a "hangar module" where you can walk (and drive in some golf cart thing...) around a few ships in a hanger and glitchily climb into their cockpits. That's all.

Its up to $36M+ $37M+ now. Additionally the hanger module now allows you to test some of the weapons. The whole game is pre-alpha, but the dogfighting module is next. I think that is where we will get a feel for the direction of the game. One thing they have done an excellent job of is doing lots of videos, updates, and stay very involved in the community.

@Maliksky As far as details of the game: Its a space sim in an ever expanding universe. I recommend watching this video, and then some of the others to get a feel for it. Its a little dramatic, but it contains a lot of good info.

Edit: saw updated numbers after I posted.

I liked the premise of this game when it was first announced, but I am super burnt out on MMORPG style games and I have VERY little tolerance for micro-transactions.

So - I will keep an eye on this one to see what's what as time goes on.

Back