PC build thoughts

I'm actually going to buy two 400gb Intel 750 u.2 drives on top of the 256 m.2, should be more than enough for storage. Im going to wait till the larger m.2 pcie cards come out to upgrade.

@DocHolliday @Turbo @Iguanidon how do you guys like the Corsair software for the AIO? I found it to be cumbersome so I went with NZXT's Kraken X61.

The newest version is a huge improvement.

upload_2016-5-17_20-34-14.png

upload_2016-5-17_20-34-34.png

Jumping in here cause i only just saw the tag... the CPU cooler I have is the x61 Kraken from NZXT. Mostly because of the customizable LED color/paterns, but the case is NZXT so I knew the cooler would fit and mount perfectly and without issue. Great cooler IMO, not the dirt cheapest out there, but I think the "frills" was worth the extra $20.
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/2csJ7P

Yep, create your profile, set it up however you like, and save. I personally just run mine on the default balanced setting, since the fans make no noise for me at that level and keep the CPU no higher than
60 degrees C on full load testing (OCCT).

upload_2016-5-17_22-34-42.png

upload_2016-5-17_22-35-37.png

upload_2016-5-17_22-35-50.png

Honestly, I haven't touched iot. Never had a need lol. It stays cool with no babysitting.

Well finished with wire management and over clocked to 4.7ghz, only had time to run a 1 hour stress test so I don't know if it's 100% stable but no core even hit 75c so cooling is fine. May 27 can't come soon enough.

I'm actually going to buy two 400gb Intel 750 u.2 drives on top of the 256 m.2, should be more than enough for storage. Im going to wait till the larger m.2 pcie cards come out to upgrade.

It is not about capacity when it comes to that M.2 Save yourself some time. The 512 is MUCH faster than the 256... Everyone I talked to found that out after install and took it back to get the 512. I went straight for the 512... BTW A couple of 850 pros are fine for games. With the spawn timer slowing everyone down anyway 550mbs is no faster than 2500mbs

For me it is about capacity, Samsung will be releasing 1tb versions real soon, why spend double the amount when I'm going to upgrade anyway.

That's going to be a really nice build when it's done.
Enjoy years of gaming.

Very similar to my build. I caution you on the noctua cooler. They are very good but very heavy. If you plan on never moving your pc go for it. But it will put a lot of strain on the mobo if you move it around. I would go with a closed loop cooler instead.

I love my NOCTUA....My PC never moves....even if it did, I'll never have liquid around my electronics.

Back