Nvidia 1080 $599US | 1070 $379 Announced

Avery78

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-launch/

upload_2016-5-6_20-46-31.png

GTX 1080 should be around 25% faster than GTX 980 Ti, $599 is 13% more than $530. I guess that's a good deal? 250 watts vs 180 watts

Looks tempting but I'll wait for the Ti version before selling my 980Ti.

Last edited:
GTX 1080 should be around 25% faster than GTX 980 Ti, $599 is 13% more than $530. I guess that's a good deal? 250 watts vs 180 watts

You wanna say 1070, is it ? The 1080 is faster than a 980Ti SLI.

Ill be waiting until it comes out and there are some realistic benchmarks out there. Nvidia is pretty bad about falsifying benchmarks/statistics and whatnot.

Nvidia is pretty bad about falsifying benchmarks/statistics and whatnot.
Perhaps you want to change that from Nvidia to GPU Manufacturers. Nvidia does not have a worse history than AMD or Intel. In fact Intel has THE WORST track record in recorded history of all mankind. Not that they are relevant but AMD is on a level shitty playing field with Nvidia. If it doesn't perform better their marketing department will request the bean counters to lower the price by 20 bucks and then compare it to Nvidia's next level down.

Also worth nothing when it comes to temperatures they both have molten lava and given the school of the deaf new students.

I still need a fucking upgrade lol

Perhaps you want to change that from Nvidia to GPU Manufacturers. Nvidia does not have a worse history than AMD or Intel. In fact Intel has THE WORST track record in recorded history of all mankind. Not that they are relevant but AMD is on a level shitty playing field with Nvidia. If it doesn't perform better their marketing department will request the bean counters to lower the price by 20 bucks and then compare it to Nvidia's next level down.

Also worth nothing when it comes to temperatures they both have molten lava and given the school of the deaf new students.

I should probably point out that I am an nvidia person and even i recognize that everything they have done at demos is mostly fabricated bullshit. Hand picked cards with incredible chips in them to give them the best advertisement piece. I wanna see some average joe benchmarks. Not nvidia cherry pick a video card.

I should probably point out that I am an nvidia person and even i recognize that everything they have done at demos is mostly fabricated bullshit. Hand picked cards with incredible chips in them to give them the best advertisement piece. I wanna see some average joe benchmarks. Not nvidia cherry pick a video card.

Well cherry picking a card would only matter under 2 avenues. Traditionally it wouldn't matter at all. They would have to overclock it for it to make a difference period.

However in the era of turbo till hot then throttle it matters a lot. Not only can the cooler make a huge difference since we aren't using fixed clock speeds. We can also cherry pick a chip that does the stock clocks on the lowest voltage possible affecting temperatures. Thats assuming were not going to just throw it on water and say "Well if it maintained these clocks that would be its peformance".

Did anyone see the event in the morning ( at least here in europe was morning ).
They show the 1080 running at 2114 MHz instead of 1733 stock boost clockspeed while the stock cooler kept the temps at 67 Celsius. If the stock card has that much room for OC, the third party solutions will be killer.
They used Precision X for displaying the card details, not some manipulated inbreed program. Put water on it, and there we go, 2500MHz.

Let me put this into perspective. My firestrike extreme score (while i was still air cooled and not OCd) on my 980ti is 8537. I have screens if youd like to see them. The firestrike scores of this 1080 are 8959. That is such a negligible difference it would go unnoticed during gaming. I also dont think the 2.1 ghz will be a typical number.

Is there any particular reason why this thread's going down the toilet?

The funny thing is, if we look at CPU market now, the same pattern unfold on the GPU market.
AMDs Polaris reportedly stay on the 390/x level. It looks like the reds give up the fight to be on the top, and put the focus on cheap cards for the masses.
One interesting comparison will be the Radeon Pro Duo against a 1080 SLI. Also, nV finally focusing on VR as well.
Another thing i can't wait to put my hands on is Ansel.

Time for me to upgrade anyways. I'll be picking a 1080 up around fall.

Is there any particular reason why this thread's going down the toilet?

Nvidia released a graphics card, AMD is going to do a release and then Nvidia is going to come out with a rapper branded model after to trump all if you have the cash. This always goes downhill.

I will be sticking to my 970 sli for now.

Keep in mind there are a TON of tricks to getting the cards to run cooler for the demo. Heck I did some home solutions that lowered my temps over 10 degrees C. You just have to be ok with waving your warranty goodbye. For them, thats a non-issue.

Back