Now we're talking! Intel Core i7-7700k benchmarks with real advances

sixer9682

I realize this is inflated with the turbo setting going to 4.7 ghz, but it's the first real jump in benchmarks, statistics wise, for about 7 years now.

What are probably the first legitimate benchmarks of the upcoming Kaby Lake based Core i7-7700K processor have just been posted on a public database. And boy are they impressive. The benchmark in question is Geekbench 4 and showcases Intel’s new and improved 14nm+ architecture in all its glory. Not only does it perform faster overall but Intel has managed to push out a very significant single threaded performance increase as well.

First Core i7-7700K benchmarks leak out along with the Gigabyte Z270X Motherboard
The processor in question is the flagship SKU of the Kaby Lake lineup: the Core i7-7700K. It features 4 cores and 8 threads just like its predecessor but will actually be the highest clocked Intel CPU to date. With a base clock of 4.2 Ghz and boost clocks reported as high as 4.4-4.5 Ghz you are looking at what is essentially a factory overclocked monster. It’s even possible that with liquid cooling solutions we will see chips reaching clocks as high as 4.7 Ghz. The i7 7700k has a 95W TDP and is built for the LGA 1151 Socket. So without any further ado, let’s dive down into the benchmarks:

In the multicore benchmark, the 7700k was able to achieve a score of 20243. To put this into perspective, a 6700k scores around 16756 which translates to a leap of approximately 20%.

http://wccftech.com/intel-core-i7-7700k-benchmarks/

I hope AMD can do justice in a few years. We need competition to bring down prices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I hope AMD can do justice in a few years. We need competition to bring down prices.

Well, if AMD's shareholders will sell the company to Arm, then, maybe. Intel left AMD stood still about 5 years ago.
This year nVidia did the same to'em. At least on the GPU market, on other fields AMD fallen behind long ago.
But i feel the same way, just not believe AMD will do shit.

I realize this is inflated with the turbo setting going to 4.7 ghz, but it's the first real jump in benchmarks, statistics wise, for about 7 years now.

What are probably the first legitimate benchmarks of the upcoming Kaby Lake based Core i7-7700K processor have just been posted on a public database. And boy are they impressive. The benchmark in question is Geekbench 4 and showcases Intel’s new and improved 14nm+ architecture in all its glory. Not only does it perform faster overall but Intel has managed to push out a very significant single threaded performance increase as well.

First Core i7-7700K benchmarks leak out along with the Gigabyte Z270X Motherboard
The processor in question is the flagship SKU of the Kaby Lake lineup: the Core i7-7700K. It features 4 cores and 8 threads just like its predecessor but will actually be the highest clocked Intel CPU to date. With a base clock of 4.2 Ghz and boost clocks reported as high as 4.4-4.5 Ghz you are looking at what is essentially a factory overclocked monster. It’s even possible that with liquid cooling solutions we will see chips reaching clocks as high as 4.7 Ghz. The i7 7700k has a 95W TDP and is built for the LGA 1151 Socket. So without any further ado, let’s dive down into the benchmarks:

In the multicore benchmark, the 7700k was able to achieve a score of 20243. To put this into perspective, a 6700k scores around 16756 which translates to a leap of approximately 20%.

http://wccftech.com/intel-core-i7-7700k-benchmarks/

Im gonna skip this gen. Already sat my eyes on PCIe 4.0 after Kaby Lake. ive got a new piggy bank, its about 10 cubic meters, hope it would be enough to buy em later :D

Well, if AMD's shareholders will sell the company to Arm, then, maybe. Intel left AMD stood still about 5 years ago.
This year nVidia did the same to'em. At least on the GPU market, on other fields AMD fallen behind long ago.
But i feel the same way, just not believe AMD will do shit.

Only problem is Intel has cross licensing with AMD and would not allow existing licenses to transfer should AMD be bought out by another company. If you go back a few years when AMD attempted to spin off their foundry, Intel tried to get them for the exact same reason.

Back on point, I wouldn't necessarily trust any initial leaked benchmarks. I know they have some decent gains but I will wait until they actually have benchmarks for the final version of their chip.

AMD has their Zen chip on the horizon and should be out by Q1 of 2017. If they are on par with say, the 6600k then I think they did well on their new architecture but until then, it's just another cheap alternative.

Those benchmarks are nothing to brag about. It's a step in the right direction, but not to upgrade unless you're further than 2 generations behind or have an AMD.

pro1Capture.JPG

Those benchmarks are nothing to brag about. It's a step in the right direction, but not to upgrade unless you're further than 2 generations behind or have an AMD.

View attachment 11848
Apples to oranges. You're comparing a quad core to a hex-core.

7700k-benchmarks-1-840x527.png

Just speaking about 6700 to 7700 I was looking on geek bench and here's a good result for 6700k: 4482 17043
This is the 4790k: 4483 17388

I'd actually say this is a better step up from the 4790k than the 6600k.

I agree with the numbers, but the article mentioned a 42% increase which has been striked out since my post.

Usually i believe advances to the next gen GPU/CPU are 20% to 30% better, defiantly a step in the right direction but like you say if you had the previous gen there's no need to upgrade.

They updated the article as questionable against the 6700k

While I'm all for big gains, I'm no seeing anything that would incline me towards upgrading from my 4790K anytime soon. How much real world performance will we really see when so much is offloaded to the GPU now?

While I'm all for big gains, I'm no seeing anything that would incline me towards upgrading from my 4790K anytime soon. How much real world performance will we really see when so much is offloaded to the GPU now?

Indeed.
Im on the same cpu at 4.6. Have seen exactly, big fat zero reason to upgrade it.
I have seen my 1070 at 100% few times, but never seen my CPU at 100% at all.

Indeed.
Im on the same cpu at 4.6. Have seen exactly, big fat zero reason to upgrade it.
I have seen my 1070 at 100% few times, but never seen my CPU at 100% at all.

heh same. My CPU (6600k -not overclocked) is barely breaking a sweat doing the stuff that I do (BF3, etc.) GPU is struggling to though, but that'll change soon™.

Back