Mother Goose saying hullo

Mother Goose

Hey Guys,

I recently got into Rising Storm and am really enjoying it. Your server is on my favorite list and is my go to. Just wanted to say thanks for running it and hope to see some of you guys out there.

-Mother Goose

Welcome to the site and glad you are enjoying our server :). You should hop on TS when you get a chance!

Glad you like that server. I don't have it but how is the beta so far?

Heya Goose - glad that you came to our site -

see you on TS some time.

Glad you like that server. I don't have it but how is the beta so far?

For a BETA it is surprisingly refined. The maps that are available seem to be completely ready for launch. It looks like they will be adding some maps with tanks (time will tell how those turn out). The realism for infantry is quite a bit of fun to play. The commander role, banzai charge, and supressive fire make the game surprisingly strategic. Guys who run off alone and try for highest K:D tend to not do as well as squad leads who call in artillery strikes and stay alive (as a mobile spawn for their squad).

The camouflage is also pretty badass. Enemies can literately run right by you (if your motionless in a bush) without noticing you. The night maps add to this effect even more.

Some more info on me:

So now that I am looking to join TBG I figured I would take a little time to introduce my self some more. (Especially since I don't play much BF3 and havn't had much interaction with many of you that do)

I am a 26 or 27 year old (stopped paying attention after 21) Project Manager for an Environmental company here in California. I live close to Sacramento. What is an environmental company you ask? Basically we deal with what the regular waste collection companies won't touch (HazMat, and Hazardous Waste). This could be stuff as benign as "Oily Debris", which is simply oil contaminated waste (I.E The kitty litter your mechanic uses to clean up oil off the floor of his garage), to Flammable Solids (such as pure sodium, which when exposed to water goes BOOM). The only things we really don't deal with are radioactive and explosive. We do a small amount of Bio-Haz, but mostly deal in: Flammable Gas, Liquids, Solids, Toxic/Poison, Reactive/Organic Peroxides/Oxidizers, Corrosives (solids and liquids) and misc other stuff.

The hours are often crazy, but when I am not working I enjoy: gaming (a given), fishing, camping and target shooting. I just started working on a WWII rifle collection. Since I live in Cali, a full WWII weapons collection would be illegal/impossible, which makes me jealous of some of you other guys in less crazy states. That being said, California's environmental regulation keep me busy so I can only complain so much.

As for gaming, my tastes run nearly the whole spectrum. BF1942, Vietnam and 2142 were games I enjoyed immensely and they will always be some of my favorite. The BF franchise lost me when they went modern era, I just don't enjoy it nearly as much. I went through my MMORPG phase (world of warcraft /shudder) and I happily done with it! I spent entirely to many years of my life on that game, but I did have one hell of a great guild to play with. Unfortunately most have also stopped playing MMOs, and games all together so while I do still hop in vent and talk with them, we don't game together anymore.

That is where I am at today. Looking for another great gaming community to play with. I got introduced to you guys through the Rising Storm server and Cotton. While almost none of you guys play it, the server is doing really well and it's something I want to support and be a larger part of(and hopefully build a larger TBG presence on it). I've since also picked up Arma 3 and pop in on occasion and play with you guys on that. Star Citizen is another game I am looking forward to playing with you guys. I also have NS2, but have not played it in quite awhile.

Hopefully this gives you guys a better idea of who this random recruit that seems to only play Rising Storm is.

If you guys have any questions for/about me, or need someone to hop into a game with you, let me know!

Nice to hear from you. Do you live near Fairfield? I lived in San Jose when I was a kid and San Diego and Oceanside when I was a Marine (among other locales). How is RO? I have never really looked at it.

Fairfield is about 30ish Minutes away.

As for Rising Storm (I can't speak to the rest of the Red Orchestras) I am really enjoying it. Communication and coordination is a must to win (especially as Japanese). The TBG server has grown a kickass Japanese team. Most servers I have played on, Japanese get their asses kicked since their weapons technology is far inferior. We run probably a 3:1 W:L ratio as Japan on the TBG server.

That being said, when you get a team of people who don't talk or want to work together, the game gets aggravating really fast. It's also a bit slower paced then the battlefields and since the server is on realism you plan your attacks little bit more. From what I have heard from other people, they either really love the game, or absolutely hate the entire Red Orchestra franchise and want nothing to do with it.

Welcome!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Back