Morning Coffee

CrackyMcSlapnuts

I take my 5:45am coffee like a man, with a side of 9mm and Five Finger Death Punch for a soundtrack.
IMG_20140228_093811_433.jpg

That's just how I roll.

Mirin Kahr. CM or CW? I almost bought one before I got my M&P Shield instead.

Kahr PM9 with a Crimson Trace red laser. I also have an M&P 9mm compact and there is NO size comparison. Although it is not pleasant to shoot a lot of rounds thru, the Kahr is a true pocket pistol. My four EDC's depending on clothing, where I'm going and mood.
IMG_20130620_171441_580.jpg

But no matter what, this is always there.
IMG_20131010_154536_299.jpg

Have you shot the Shield yet? Incredibly more comfortable to shoot vs the Kahr IMO. The Kahr is a decent bit smaller though. The Shield is significantly thinner than the Compact also.

Love my M&P 9c, with my alternate being a sig p238 or a walther pk380

Sent via Tapatalk carrier pigeon

oh, and appendix carry all the way.

Sent via Tapatalk carrier pigeon

The sig p238 sucks ass; not even donkey ass because that would taste good in comparison. You can keep that one.

Dude. I love my Sig P238 HD. Easiest gun to carry and shoot ever. As easy to shoot at the same ranges as my 9. Baby 1911 without the backstrap safety. Never had an issue with it. What problems have you had?

sig_p238_hd_a.jpg

Dude. I love my Sig P238 HD. Easiest gun to carry and shoot ever. As easy to shoot at the same ranges as my 9. Baby 1911 without the backstrap safety. Never had an issue with it. What problems have you had?

sig_p238_hd_a.jpg

Fiancee is deciding between this and the bodyguard as her EDC. The gun lover side of me wants her to get the SIG my wallet wants her to get the bodyguard.

Only semi auto i have is a Ruger p95. It was inexpensive and shoots straight. other than that i just have my dad's old service pistol which is a Smith & Wesson .357 mag with 4in. barrel. I also have a Taurus raging bull .44 magnum that i got to go hunting with just in case of a cougar ( there has been lots of sightings and attacks south of where i live on people) and that that has the 6-1.5 in barrel. I am definitely wanting to pick up a .45 at some point but just haven't done any major shopping around for one. the .357 is the one i carry though. Compact weapons tend to be very painful for me to shoot, they usually do not have a grip that fits my hand at all, then again when i go out and practice with the .44, it only takes me 6 rounds to say "thats enough for today"

Last edited:
My personal take on pocket pistols is nothing less than 9mm or .38 +P. I own .380's, .32's and .25's and even with the best possible defense ammo they are still marginal. I'll carry one but only as a backup, they are a last ditch hideout companion to a bigger caliber.
I have a personal hatred on anything remotely related to the Colt Mustang. I owned three separate ones and they were all pieces of garbage. Colt replaced the first one that the safety didn't work correctly and it had trouble feeding ball ammo, with another equally crappy replacement. I even bought a third one years later that supposedly worked fine, it didn't. Hell I have a Kel-Tek .32 that functions better than any Colt Mustang I've owned.

Never tried a Kel-Tek, how do you like them? They're supposed to be pretty rugged, able to take a lot of abuse. Lately I've been enamored with the CZ 75B SAO and the CZ P07. I just love the way the CZs feel and handle.

Last edited:
CZ-75 is a fantastic piece. Just feels so right and points naturally for me. I have not seen a P07 or P09 in person yet, although for a polymer carry gun I will almost always go Glock.
ThisIsMySafety.jpg

The P07 look like a g19 but a little fatter on the slide; comes with a de-cocker and parts to convert the de-cocker to a safety instead if you're so inclined, which I'm not.

Back