Monitor shut off but not my PC during the game

jasiu18pl

IDK if anyone of you have experienced this but I did when playing on ultra, my monitor basiclly shut down and lost connection. There is a funny sound for 20-30 seconds and then it goes away. I can't do anything even though the desktop is still powered on. Once I restart the PC it goes away. Am I overstressing the GPU?
Anyone has a fix for this?

Sounds like you're trying to run it at a refresh rate that's too high for your monitor. Either that or it's dying. How old is it, and what are the specs on it, and what are your settings for your gpu as far as refresh rates, and game refresh rates?

I have the MSI afterburner I canchange options, i was running it ultra graphics and thats when i had the problem at high i had no issue. I am using the geforce nvidia 970gtx evga superclocked with asus z4 extreme motherboard

exact specs
Intel core i7
256gb adata ssd + 2tb SATA III HD combo
8gb ddr3/2133mhz gskill ripjaw x memory
Asrock z97 extreme 4 atx
And evga superclocked acx nvidia geforce gtx 970 4gb

exact specs
Intel core i7
256gb adata ssd + 2tb SATA III HD combo
8gb ddr3/2133mhz gskill ripjaw x memory
Asrock z97 extreme 4 atx
And evga superclocked acx nvidia geforce gtx 970 4gb

Check in the nvidia control panel and see what the resolution and refresh rate it's set to for your monitor. You didn't list what monitor you have or the specs for it. But as an example, most monitors will not do more than 75hz for refresh rate. If you try to run that higher it will do as you described earlier and go black screen.

Edit: either way it should return to normal on it's own...most of the time. If that's not the problem I would try another driver or check the monitor's cables.

I have had this issue with BF4 the past month or two. It happened twice until the round ended. very strange. I have not had this problem with Hardline....Yet.

i am running a 32 color depth with refresh rate of 60 Hz as well as 1920 x 1080 resolution (native) on a new ASUS 24" LED monitor

Update your drivers bro!

No, really. It's worth doing a clean install of nVidia's latest masterpiece, just in case it's some kind of barmy software thing. Definitely before spending any money. I had a similar experience a few times, and it turned out to be this:

didplay-driver-error.gif

If your monitor is feeling clever, it might be going into sleep mode because it's not receiving anything down the cable. 90% chance it's hardware, but wouldn't it be fun to buy a brand new monitor and have exactly the same problem when you're $400 poorer?

I mean I never had any error messages and how do you install cleanly the nVidia drivers?

Hmm when you do an install on drivers you get an option to clean and install.

Back