mechanical keyboards

That Logitech 910 is a weird looking keyboard. The wrist pad looks like it could be uncomfortable.

You guys are better than a paid R&D department, Im in the market for a new gaming keyboard. Thank you Sixer for the article I think im going to try the corsair K70. Ill give my review in a few days.

It's always good to go to someplace like Microcenter to try them out, but I bought the K70 online and don't regret it at all. The keystroke is short and light and I love the red LEDS :)

so I think ive decided to go with the corsair k70 with red switches but gonna wait till taxes come back as I just realized how drained I am due to holidays so my next purchase at tax time will also be a monitor. id like something with 120+ hz refresh rate I love the one I play on now its 27" asus 1ms response time so I couldn't go any smaller than that but not opposed to going bigger
Good choice @BlitZ003 . Myself, I've got the Corsair K90 keyboard and really like it. As for a monitor suggestion, i highly recommend you take a look at the 27" Samsung Syncmaster SA950. Again it is what i use, it's top quality and i swear i will never go back to gaming with a regular 60 hz monitor ever again.

I got my mechanical with black switches around 18 months ago at the time never really noticed the difference. It wasn't until recently when I played on my friends system I realised how much better the mechanical is.

the key board is all I can get at this time so hopefully its what I expected if not atleast it come from newegg and the return policy is harmless. other purchase is a vechicle as we currently don't have one gives me more job options if we get it.

You won't regret the K70. Amazing keyboard all around. I've had 2 so far. I went with Cherry Reds for my first one and The one I currently own with Cherry Blues. I purchased the Reds after doing A LOT of work reviewing them etc and didn't want something so loud it would piss off my girlfriend. Turns out the Reds are louder for me v the Blues. I would bottom out the keys on the reds causing a louder "Click" from the key hitting the keyboard then my current blues give from the key itself. Plus the feedback from clicking the Blues is pretty nice.

Edit- I should also note I couldn't type properly (As if I do now) because I would always hit random keys on the reds because how soft they are. If you're a big boy or type fast/hard the reds will cause you problems. IMHO I think the Reds are better for a professional who types a lot or someone with small/slender hands.Nothing you can't deal with, but I'm 100% happy with the blues.

Last edited:
just got the k70 in today bout to play first game on it I like the feel of the keys however can tell will take some getting used to opposed to a silicone board

Yea, I also didn't use the custom red textured keys that come with it on my first keyboard. They didn't feel right. I use them now though and I love them. Not sure if it has something to do with using Cherry Blues v Reds. Just my personal preference.

I couldn't resist while in Best Buy with my aide. Picked up that logitech keyboard. Excited to set it up tomorrow

Flown by iRaven using Tapatalk.

All hooked up today. Loving it so far. Playing with teh key lighting for Valentine's because I am a dork.

s94M92G.jpg

Back