Massive Battlefield 4 Winter Patch Out Now, Improves Netcode

Didn't see it listed, but I did a little IFV play and it seems like the active defense is much less effective against chopper/jet cannons. The IFV seemed more nimble than before. I also fired a couple TOWs they seem to fly much faster now, but I fired a couple against infantry that didn't seem to detonate. Might be a glitch, or might be a minimum arming distance now? Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

death cam bugged bad. Get stuck in it big time..

funny they added a red/death hit marker when you kill an enemy. Interesting.

Actually I thought it was more than that. I was watching a video for the test servers that showed that you hit marker could also show body shot, headshot, and kill shots in different colors.

Actually I thought it was more than that. I was watching a video for the test servers that showed that you hit marker could also show body shot, headshot, and kill shots in different colors.

Also you can pick the colors you want? No?

not sure. sounds sorta like allowed aimbot to me if you can pick and choose which colours you want to show what part of a combatant you hit...

As far as I can see it's always red, doesn't matter if it's headshot etc. I have not looked in options though. It's one feature I actually like. Where I usually just use the same gun I get used to how many seconds/bullets it takes to kill someone therefore after assuming I killed someone I move to the next target only to realise the first one is still alive. With this I can be sure the first one is dead. Obviously this only applies when there are multiple enemies bunched up and the "100 point" kill text is too delayed.

not sure. sounds sorta like allowed aimbot to me if you can pick and choose which colours you want to show what part of a combatant you hit...

As far as I can see it's always red, doesn't matter if it's headshot etc. I have not looked in options though. It's one feature I actually like. Where I usually just use the same gun I get used to how many seconds/bullets it takes to kill someone therefore after assuming I killed someone I move to the next target only to realise the first one is still alive. With this I can be sure the first one is dead. Obviously this only applies when there are multiple enemies bunched up and the "100 point" kill text is too delayed.

I just checked. Under options\gameplay\advanced there are the settings for the hit markers. The reticle doesn't change color. Its the hit marker after you've fired. Although you can change the reticle's color too.

I think my TOW issue may just be a graphics thing. I have since seen a TOW hit a vehicle, not appear to explode, but still give me points for damage to the vehicle. I had to update the driver for my video card at the same time I did the B4 update, so that could be it...

Just got this earlier today...

ERROR
Game disconnected: Client closed down connection. Check your network connection and make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open.

I've never had issues before.

ERROR
Game disconnected: Client closed down connection. Check your network connection and make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open.
I used to get that shit all the time. Amongst the "something went wrong" shit. I really think dice got rid of that ERROR, and any time you get DICE'd, it is a random generated message. I tried openeing ports, went to EA website with a list of more ports to open then you can tweak on my modem, and still got port issues with ports I had opened. so I went back to default, and still nonsense.

Holy shit.... we have barrel rolls.

Well. I just became a lot more motivated to play battlefield :)

Holy shit.... we have barrel rolls.

Well. I just became a lot more motivated to play battlefield :)
hah not as agile as BF2 barrel rolls. but definitely less junk in the trunk. tranny choppers still a bit heavy.

Just got this earlier today...

ERROR

I've never had issues before.

I get it every once in a while. Just a bogus error message.

Back