Looking for a keyboard

OfftheRails

So I spilt a drink on my keyboard last night and I'm typing this with a windows speech recognition which is something of a trial. Looking around for a new one, preferably mechanical, preferably with a metric shit ton of extra keys, any recommendations?

I've got the Corsair K70 and love the Cherry mx red keys, but not a shit load of keys, no windows key, no multimedia keys, but that's good by me. That said, it's the best keyboard I've owned and this is the second mechanical one.

I've got the Corsair K70 and love the Cherry mx red keys, but not a shit load of keys, no windows key, no multimedia keys, but that's good by me. That said, it's the best keyboard I've owned and this is the second mechanical one.

Windows 8 without a windows key? Horrifying! Picture shows a windows key though? Not so sure rails should spend too much money if he is gonna kill another one though.

Heh, you're right it does have a windows key. I never saw that before you mentioned it; shows how much I use it.

Heh, you're right it does have a windows key. I never saw that before you mentioned it; shows how much I use it.

I never used it in 7 but with the amount of shortcuts windows 8/8.1 brings to the table (some probably existed in 7 i only know the Vista ones).

I use a Logitech k800 which is wired or wireless. The battery will last almost three hours... My old Logitech wireless would last weeks. Good keyboard though, heavy, low profile with backlit keys. Honestly a 5 Euro bargain bin keyboard usually works just fine unless you program your keyboard.

Don't get the G510!!!! I have it and the keys suck ass :( I think they have a similar one with mechanical keys.
Everything else about it is cool. It will show you a bunch of info on the screen that is of some use. TS will show who is talking and the server you are in,CPU-Z will show your system perf. in real time.
It also has a bunch of macros and profiles you can set. But the damn keys are sub par.

get something cheap.

^this, buying a 200$ keyboard wont make your game skill any better.. im using a shitting hp keyboard that came free with my dads computer a few years ago.

^this, buying a 200$ keyboard wont make your game skill any better.. im using a shitting hp keyboard that came free with my dads computer a few years ago.

It's not about trying to make you a better gamer, it's just a much much better keyboard all the way around. I can't stand the mushy keys on normal keyboards and I won't use anything but a mechanical one. They just feel better typing and gaming. Plus, you can pull a Kris on them and smash on it and it still works great.

I'm using this as well and it is fantastic. I think the Cherry Browns are a great compromise (I do a lot of typing and work in addition to gaming).

I had the cherry browns in the last keyboard I have, and the reds are actually quieter I think. With my the browns my wife said it sounded like a typewriter in comparison to the reds when I'm writing anything.

Mechanical switches or GTFO.

I have the same as sixer, as well as the Steel Series with the Cherry Blacks.

I can't do regular switches anymore. I also think all the macro keys and what not are bullshite. If you don't need displays or shit, don't bother.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Back