LG Smart TV help

1968USMC

I have a LG 55" Smart TV 1 year old. I woke up this morning and turned the tv on and to my surprise alarm bells were going off they sound like a old fashion alarm clock would sound. Ived tried fooling with settings etc. I also turn tv and direct tv box off. Restarted ...... Same alarm bells going off. Any ideas? before I throw this out on the junk pile.

Additional note: Im tired of throwing $1000.00 + tvs on the junk pile.

Have you unplugged the tv and let it sit for a few minutes? I've never heard of anything like that before. Call. LG customer service

When I use youtube alarms stop tv operates normally

Thanks for your suggestion lol I never once thought of lg support. Golden years my ass.

Try this first...

Turn the tv on so you have a picture.
While it is on unplug the direct tv box from the wall
Let it sit 5 mins
Plug it back in.

Definitely contact lg first. Also have you registered your TV with them? They normally offer ____ amount of years warranty.

Yes I have a warranty with LG and with Wally World. So push come to shove Im covered. I grow weary of new products failing. This TV isnt the only new thing Ived purchased and has failed. Its madness

Well that's good on the warranty side, not on the obvious. I've only owned LG tvs and thankfully never had issues. I currently have a 42inch in the bedroom, 32 in the garage and a 55inch 120hz in the living room.

Ived had good luck with LG stuff. Its strange I can watch youtube or any other app on this tv and it works fine. Regular direct tv not so much.

Might be an issue with Direct TV box too, could be worth giving them a call?

2016-08-07%2010.18.48.jpg

Glad you've got it fixed. I have the 60 and 65 inch LG Smart TV's never had that issues. If it happens again try resetting the TV back to its default settings.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9lu36pw7ew1zfg/2016-08-07 10.18.48.jpg?dl=0

Back