Kicked by Punkbuster...as a spectator?

binrekt

I just downloaded the expansion pack and wanted to take a look at the new map so I joined as a spectator.

Kicked by Punkbuster.
Had to be a mistake so I rejoined the server and boom...Kicked by Punkbuster.

Why?

Spectating not allowed?
If not...why have the option?

ERROR
Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'binrekt' (for 0 minutes)

We have a limited number of spectator slots and they are reserved for TBG admins, that's why we have it. It was being abused by clans that would have one member spectate and tell their friends where the enemy was.

It should not show up as Punkbuster kicking you just for trying to join as a spectator. You may be missing files with your new expansion pack. Try updating your Punkbuster files at www.evenbalance.com and see if that fixes it for you.

Good luck, let us know how you make out.

Now I seem to be flagged for it and get kicked from every server.Even the non Premium ones...If that's the case...Thanks a lot.
Nothing like joining a server and having your game broken.

which game and which server might also help us to help you

Is it possible for you to post a screenshot of the error? Would give us an idea of what/where the error is referring to. Otherwise, we're flying in the blind just throwing out random fixes.

- GhstOps6

For reference #3 is Second Assault. This server's Spectator slots are not restricted.

Now I seem to be flagged for it and get kicked from every server.Even the non Premium ones...If that's the case...Thanks a lot.
Nothing like joining a server and having your game broken.
12675-it-is-possible-to-be-so-ignorant-that-you-do-not-know-how-ignorant.png

ERROR
Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'binrekt' (for 0 minutes)

This is a punkbuster error; usually after DLC there is a PB update so it's better to do it then.

Since PB is kicking you and not banning you, I"d do the repair option for BF4 as a corrupt file there is the most likely cause after PB update did not resolve the issue.

12675-it-is-possible-to-be-so-ignorant-that-you-do-not-know-how-ignorant.png

This is a punkbuster error; usually after DLC there is a PB update so it's better to do it then.

Since PB is kicking you and not banning you, I"d do the repair option for BF4 as a corrupt file there is the most likely cause after PB update did not resolve the issue.

Thank you. That is actually very helpful and relieving.
I have zero experience or knowledge about Punkbuster.

Unfortunately...Origin has completely blown up on my machine and blue screens my PC any time it runs so updates are now impossible and my game is now unplayable.
On the advice of Origi and EA reps...I uninstalled Origin and BF4 to do a clean re-install to fix the blue screen.
It didn't fix it and now I can't even reload the game.
Looks like the end of my BF4 for PC experience....

Thanks anyway for the replies and the genuine appearance of wanting to help.

I probably would have enjoyed your server.

Back