Hi all

moose004

Hey TBG...introducing myself here. Name's Lewis, aka moose004. I am 49, married to a very patient and tolerant wife for 14 1/2 years, and father of a 10-year-old daughter. We live in Kannapolis, North Carolina, just outside Charlotte. I test software for a living for a major financial company.

I have played a fair bit on the TBG BF4 Conquest All Maps and Locker servers (the Locker server is my favorite for grinding unlocks and such) and decided to apply because after Operator7 killed me about 84 times in one night around the A flag, I figured I must be at least halfway through any hazing required already.

I am not a huge FPS guy, BF4 is my first lobby-based shooter; I have played Planetside 2 a lot and still have an account over there but haven't touched it in months. I've also played WW II Online and a little TF2 in the past, along with several different MMORPGs on roleplay servers. (My avatar is a funny drawing a guildmate did of my Tauren raid tank warrior in World of Warcraft, Linedan, wearing a wifebeater. I don't get it either.) In meatspace, I've had an Amateur Radio license (currently KS4RY) since 1992 but haven't done much with it the past few years.

I am pretty crap at multiplayer shooters, to be honest. I'm pushing 50 so I don't have those 18-year-old reflexes anymore...then again, I didn't have 18-year-old reflexes when I was 18. But I have fun trying to suck less. And failing. A lot. I generally play support or assault so I can contribute at least a little to the team while I'm dying constantly. So if you're willing to deal with my marginal accuracy, slow reflexes, occasional shyness on Teamspeak because I'm too task-overloaded to shoot and talk at the same time, and inexplicable ability to lose 97.44097% of the 1v1 gunfights I will ever get into (no matter if I get the drop on the guy or not), I will keep you rolling in medpacks and ammo bags. And think of all the points you'll get defibbing me!

Thanks guys. Looking forward to getting to know you and rolling with TBG. This is a cool group from what I've seen so far.

Hello there. You wouldn't happen to be a fan of the Panthers would you? If so, you and I will have words as I am a Cardinals fan. haha, just kidding. Welcome and awesome intro!

Hello there. You wouldn't happen to be a fan of the Panthers would you? If so, you and I will have words as I am a Cardinals fan. haha, just kidding. Welcome and awesome intro!

Actually I'm a Redskins fan (got that way by being a lifelong Cowboys hater) but it's hard not to get caught up in Panthermania down here right now. I thought the Panthers would beat the Cardinals but I don't think anybody expected what happened on Sunday. I actually felt bad for Palmer and Fitzgerald and those guys. If the Panthers weren't heading to SB 50 I'd be pulling for the Cards to beat the Broncos.

We spoke tonight in TS ..... Greetings and welcome. I'm also new to BF4, 8 months or so. Just get used to being killed alot your skill level will increase over time.

Last edited:
Hello @moose004

We played for just a little bit together last night, hope you enjoy it here and welcome to TBG.

@moose004 This could have been written by me LOL. Seems like I'm always low man on the totem pole. It used to bother me some but the goal of the game and clan is to have fun. So thats how I see it.

"I am pretty crap at multiplayer shooters, to be honest. I'm pushing 50 so I don't have those 18-year-old reflexes anymore...then again, I didn't have 18-year-old reflexes when I was 18. But I have fun trying to suck less. And failing. A lot. I generally play support or assault so I can contribute at least a little to the team while I'm dying constantly. So if you're willing to deal with my marginal accuracy, slow reflexes, occasional shyness on Teamspeak because I'm too task-overloaded to shoot and talk at the same time, and inexplicable ability to lose 97.44097% of the 1v1 gunfights I will ever get into (no matter if I get the drop on the guy or not), I will keep you rolling in medpacks and ammo bags. And think of all the points you'll get defibbing me!"

image.png

Welcome and you had to mention Charlotte damn you i know where kannapolis is. i was out in CLT for about 7 years best place ive ever lived would go back in a heart beat if i could. expensive but damn i love that city. @timmytim i been a panther fan since they came into the league even before i moved to NC... come at me bro

Funny you should talk about dogs, Razorback...here's one of ours. This is Bear. He is 3 years old, a rescue from a local shelter when he was a puppy. Mom was a Great Pyrenees, Dad was a German Shepherd/Walker Coonhound mix. He's 120 pounds of big fuzzy hip-high-at-the-shoulder stupid easygoing love who regularly gets his ass kicked by chihuahuas and loves to flop on sofas. And he's even bigger now that his winter coat is in.

3sjp4fzc8n03di9gbq9aa75bw_zpss3tjoe6a.jpeg

Blitz--I love it here in Kannapolis. We're far enough away from Charlotte that it's pretty rural and very good-ole-boy (hey, it's Dale Earnhardt's hometown and his family still lives here) but we're 30 minutes away from uptown Charlotte and all the stuff there. Best of both worlds.

Hi Moose

I live on the INFANTRY only server usually.
...I also live in Phoenix Arizona. I think the entire state, called in sick after our loss.

Back