Good bye windows server I always secretly hated you anyways...

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
68 days of uptime? Jesus how many patch Tuesdays did I fucking skip?
Server2K12.jpg

Sigh good bye running 2K12 on 1 GB of ram hello Linux.

Nah seriously I PM'd the last android dev still on my server said get the fuck out im reformatting. Testing a linux setup to see if it will be any good for TBG's site in the future.

Nice uptime! Just wait until you hit the one year mark.

I have a little bit of Linux/development experience. Let me know if you need any assistance.

not too shabby! but Linux is the way to go!

My 2008 windows server just broke a year.

Attachments

• uptime.jpg
    uptime.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 249
Set updates to automatically update and install.... will reboot

Set updates to automatically update and install.... will reboot

Why would I want a thing like that then all the nix nubs will make fun of my up time :p Unfortunately being a VPS the main box is taken down time to time to do maintenance usually on another customers request. But plenty of other reasons as well. I sure as hell never restart it. Still had 2 gigs of ram when it first got 2012 on it but I stopped using it so I scaled it back 2012 and a database server on 1 gb of ram is.... awesome.

Linux mail servers what a headache for a noob. Finally got my email server working again. Fucking instantaneous sending and receiving on both ends loving it. Not that hmailserver was that bad but just saying.

My record was 1089 days for a Novell Unix based operating system. It was finally sunset or it would probably still be serving up NCP shares. Congrats on 1 year for a Windows Server! Server 2008 is pretty stable overall.

Back