Ft. Hood Shooting

wylie888

To all the military personnel out there or anyone in the Killeen area--give all your friends in the AO a buzz and make sure they're OK as there was another active shooter today on post. Latest reports are 3 dead, 14 injured (all Army) and the shooter (SPC Ivan Lopez early reports are saying) killed himself. Hope all your friends and family are safe.

Jesus Fort Hood, get your shit together. They need to stop treating our service members like fucking felons and let folks start protecting themselves. It's bad enough they get killed by cunt headed ROE.

When the hell is the Army going to allow soldiers to carry their assigned weapons while @CONUS.

They'll never allow service members to carry their service weapons because that's a shit ton of financial liability on the government if they go postal, but they should allow them to carry their personal weapons. I understand that you have 50,000 young ball bags walking around on post, but you gotta give the military the benefit of the doubt for fucks sake.

They'll never allow service members to carry their service weapons because that's a shit ton of financial liability on the government if they go postal, but they should allow them to carry their personal weapons. I understand that you have 50,000 young ball bags walking around on post, but you gotta give the military the benefit of the doubt for fucks sake.

How would they have any liability? I'm talking about on post only. As a member of the military you can't sue the government, so where is the liability?

Besides, it's good training for them to get used to carrying around their weapon. You get too many pogues who go overseas and don't know how to handle their weapon. They lose it, have no muzzle-discipline, don't clean it etc.

How would they have any liability? I'm talking about on post only. As a member of the military you can't sue the government, so where is the liability?

Besides, it's good training for them to get used to carrying around their weapon. You get too many pogues who go overseas and don't know how to handle their weapon. They lose it, have no muzzle-discipline, don't clean it etc.
yea, like e7s who leave their m4s in porta johns for someone else to find, or young soldiers not even 21 yet, who just blantatnly hand their weapons over to a member of another branch of service....

The liability comes to when civilians/innocent members of society start getting killed by service members, the government has to pay on life insurance, benefits etc etc... when one of its employees steps out.

Do you think this will actually pass?

Congressman Steve Stockman (R-TX 36) Thursday urged his House colleagues to pray for and support the victims and victims’ families of Wednesday’s fatal shooting at Fort Hood, and to support his bill, H.R. 3199, the “Safe Military Bases Act,” which repeals the Clinton-era ban on military personnel carrying weapons on base . . .

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/frie...cle_3477708f-4c6f-520e-a79f-87ca9bd5965b.html

Edit: Mind you, after reading the text of the bill, this would limit carrying to hand guns and also they can be officially issued or personally owned.

Does it seem odd these shootings are happening at gun free zones(schools, movie theaters and Military bases)?

Fuck No. Gun free zones are easy targets for crazy shits.

I'm not saying I'm for or against us being allowed to carry on post… but what I am telling you is that unless you're in an official law enforcement capacity, it will never happen. I mean fuck, the amount of FLIPLs and 15-6's I've seen over petty stuff is astonishing, couldn't imagine what would happen with 50,000 20 year olds who like to get shit faced every night would bring. There are plenty of negligent discharges that happen every day even with INSANELY tight weapon restrictions, could you imagine multiplying the probability of that by more than 50k (assuming the majority of Soldiers opted to carry if allowed)--it would be pretty crazy and could definitely foster a shitty command climate. Lol, I'd definitely think twice about writing a bad NCOER...

You can sue the government if you are part of the military you just risk your career to do it

Bot the liability comes in when someone is killed on base and they get sued in civil court for allowing so and so to carry a weapon when there were such and such signs that the person might have a problem. It's the same principal that keeps cops from letting DUI suspects drive home when they aren't really drunk if they blow a .05, if that driver went on to have an accident the department would be sued to hell.

I'm not saying I'm for or against us being allowed to carry on post… but what I am telling you is that unless you're in an official law enforcement capacity, it will never happen. I mean fuck, the amount of FLIPLs and 15-6's I've seen over petty stuff is astonishing, couldn't imagine what would happen with 50,000 20 year olds who like to get shit faced every night would bring. There are plenty of negligent discharges that happen every day even with INSANELY tight weapon restrictions, could you imagine multiplying the probability of that by more than 50k (assuming the majority of Soldiers opted to carry if allowed)--it would be pretty crazy and could definitely foster a shitty command climate. Lol, I'd definitely think twice about writing a bad NCOER...
Yeah Clinton was AWESOME to serve under, I got to walk guard duty in a combat zone with no ammo because he valued American troops less than foreign nationals but hey they let us carry a bayonet with our empty M16's....
50,000 young alpha males is obviously a potentially dangerous mix with open carry, but we are talking about young men and women who have been vetted thoroughly by the DOJ and in many cases by the State Department. The "potential" of a problem didn't stop bubba from implementing DADT or Obama from eliminating it or proposing women in combat MOS's. Personally I think the increased risk would be welcomed by most.

Back