Fish intro

FishSnifferENT

Whats up guys, I'm FishSnifferENT or just Fish for short. I'm Some of you have probably played with me in BF4 but I never really formally introduced myself so here it goes:

I'm 25, from Milwaukee WI, where I work as the assistant manager of a Chevrolet dealership body shop. It's that snowy time of year again, and people just cant wait to pile 'em up. Thought I'd share a bit of the body shop world with you guys, and tell you about the biggest cluster fuck we've had since I've been here.

A 2015 Silverado 2500 HD Turbo Diesel V8 ($70,000 truck) driven by our customer was stopped at a red light when two people crossing in front of him had a head on collision and smashed into him. The impact was taken directly on the driver side tow hook, which is mounted directly to the frame rail. Air bags deployed, hood and fenders trashed, and a twisted frame. This truck has less than 1,500 miles on it, hasn't even had its first oil change, but its sitting on a new frame now, after swapping the cab, bed, suspension, engine, transmission and drive line components over to it. The cost of the frame is only $4,500 of the total on this job, and tax alone is almost $1,425.34 lol. Totals on the job are below.
5lqatv.png

I'll post some pictures of the vehicle with off the frame later, its pretty cool.

ur tellin me he got hit and had to pay that tab?? wtf

fuck id love to work at a chevy shop. Insurance prolly picked up the tab

Had an Aide stick her accelerator in teh parking lot. Hit 7 vehicles, totaling 4, not including her own. What a mess that was.

And the folks is why you do not just buy the legal minimum required liability insurance.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

fuck id love to work at a chevy shop. Insurance prolly picked up the tab

With all the recalls, it hasn't exactly been fun for the guys in service, but I dont have to deal with in the body shop at least xD And you're correct, insurance paid for it. They're going to keep paying for it too, as a lawyer is involved.This truck should have been a total loss. The salvage value on a truck like this would have been incredible, and State Farm would have likely made money. Engine and drive components alone would be worth well over 25K. They refused to go that route, so he is suing for the diminished value to the truck. Once the truck is done, he is going to sign for it, and trade it in, never leaving our lot. He's going to take a 20,000 hit on the trade in, and sue for that amount, plus costs for rental vehicle, which insurance stopped paying for after 30 days. The truck sat for most of that 30 days because he wouldn't give us authorization to begin repair.

Misc charges refers to our paint materials cost, which is charged at 36$ an hour for each hour of paint labor time. In this case, 20 hours of paint time.

That is one brutal repair bill! I smell a lawsuit in the works against the other drivers.

I worked that industry for 20 years as a painter.

Not a day goes by that I don't miss it, by that I mean NEVER. ;)

Welcome Fish.

With all the recalls, it hasn't exactly been fun for the guys in service, but I dont have to deal with in the body shop at least xD And you're correct, insurance paid for it. They're going to keep paying for it too, as a lawyer is involved.This truck should have been a total loss. The salvage value on a truck like this would have been incredible, and State Farm would have likely made money. Engine and drive components alone would be worth well over 25K. They refused to go that route, so he is suing for the diminished value to the truck. Once the truck is done, he is going to sign for it, and trade it in, never leaving our lot. He's going to take a 20,000 hit on the trade in, and sue for that amount, plus costs for rental vehicle, which insurance stopped paying for after 30 days. The truck sat for most of that 30 days because he wouldn't give us authorization to begin repair.

Misc charges refers to our paint materials cost, which is charged at 36$ an hour for each hour of paint labor time. In this case, 20 hours of paint time.
Maybe, but those boys in sales are loving it!

Welcome and I can't wait to take ur tags :p

I've been trying to get out of the industry since I got into it Cracky, haven't yet succeeded, but I'm still hoping!

Our sales is a joke, service and the body shop carry the dealership. Not our fault though, we are about 3 miles away, and on the same street as the largest Chevy dealer in Wisconsin, which sells 1 of every 4 new Chevys in the Milwaukee area. Needless to say, that doesn't leave a lot of sales for the other six Chevrolet dealers in the Milwaukee.

Truck should have been written off. Now some poor sap is going to get stuck with that lemon thinking they got a great deal.

Back