DVI vs HDMI

2Tartu

Head Admin
Head Admin
Should I be afraid of monitors only sporting DVI? will the picture be the same as with hdmi?

IDK much about this but I recently read something that I believe said that HDMI and DVI is the same thing except that DVI doesn't have sound.

FM31, If you are not going to send your game to the TV you will be fine as monitors don't usually have audio speakers.

I know that regular old HDMI doesn't support the bandwidth for any frame rates over 60hz so if you had a 144hz monitor you'd have to use the DVI cable if you wanted to run 144fps.

I also have less issues with alt tabbing out of games with DVI VS HDMI. No reason not to use DVI at this point unless you want sound to the monitor.

tmp_23089-FB_IMG_1444168974146-912220973.jpg

I like using HDMI since then i could get a bigger TV and use it as a monitor. Then i can stream movies to it and the sound is there.

Found myself an awesome fhd vga(I didn't even dare think that VGA could be this nice) monitor with a steal deal. one dead pixel,just one, they cut the price 70%.

Found myself an awesome fhd vga(I didn't even dare think that VGA could be this nice) monitor with a steal deal. one dead pixel,just one, they cut the price 70%.

VGAs only downside for normal screen use is the noise. If you look really close you can see the colors in a static image vary. Something you won't notice at a distance. Should do 1080p 60hz just fine.

DVI = 144 Hz
HDMI = 60 Hz

Using bot in a 60 Hz monitor you wont notice any difference

VGAs only downside for normal screen use is the noise. If you look really close you can see the colors in a static image vary. Something you won't notice at a distance. Should do 1080p 60hz just fine.
the monitor also whistles like in the 90s when you leave it plugged in without use, haven't heard this for a while.
For my next project I'm building a cooling trunk for the laptop so I could sustain high frames.

I love people.

Got logitech speakers with a subwoofer, crystal clear quality, 5 bucks. (dude's mother told him to sell them :D)

Back