Desk mic or headset mic?

Which you think I should get

• Total voters

Krazy_fanboy

Im in need of a new mic as many of you may know but Im indecisive with which one to get. Im used to a headset with a mic attached to it but after many years maybe I need a change. My other option is to get a desktop mic and one may buy a $10 mic from walmart, Im not that kind of person. I need a nice mic, a good quality mic, one that will last me for a long time. So after bugging Joel numerous times I think I may have found a second option. Which you think I should pick up?

Blue Microphone Yeti

Corsair Vengeance 2100 Wireless Headset

Both are very nice and Ill leave it at that before my fanboy comes out.

im not a wireless headset kinda guy. that microphone yeti looks cool as fuck!

I used to have a desk mic with a little boom. Loved it. Cat broekd it :'( Get teh yeti n.n

What in the fuckity fucking fuck do you need a $120 desktop mic for? Are you cutting singles with Paul McCartney? I've been using this microphone for TEN YEARS, and I'm still using it today.
!B1hjPGgBmk~$(KGrHqR,!g4Ew5FYulS)BMeyk0!sfQ~~_35.JPG

I bought it for $5 out of the bargain bin. TEN YEARS and counting, and my voice sounds just fine. I'm don't mean to jump your shit, it's just that literally the cheapest thing I have ever bought for my computer has outlived 5 computers so far and counting and continues to be the most reliable piece of equipment in my setup (that and my Logitech speaker system, just as old but cost hundreds more).

PS
I just did the math in my head, it's actually been 12 years.

If your machine is on your desk you will find the vibration translates directly into the mic. In that case your going to need to shock mount it and I am not even sure that will do the trick. Best thing to do is not have the machine on the desk. My floor stand alone cuts the background noise in half compared to sitting on the desk. Any noise introduced by vibration will ruin the point of having a decent mic. By the time noise reduction does its job the only advantage you get is that dynamic range. I only use my mic for voiceovers I care about the rest just a headset.

My opinion is if you want people to actually hear you a headset mic is always better. I start to ignore people when they start to turn their head while talking or moving closer and further away from the mic. I can only devote so much attention to trying to figure out what the hell is being said without affecting my shooting :p

What in the fuckity fucking fuck do you need a $120 desktop mic for? Are you cutting singles with Paul McCartney?

and you still sound like shit :p Its not bad until you know you start moving around.

Between those two choices, I'd go for the Yeti, headphone and pop filter combination in your link. For one thing, a real microphone opens up options beyond gaming. If you ever wanted to do something like a podcast interview with a guest, or a Skype call with a few friends in the room you could. The little headsdet mic would just pick up only your voice. And It looks really fragile to me, one moment of rage or carelessness taking off that headset and it's over. For the money, grab the Yeti, headphones and filter for 119 and call it a bargain.

Get the blue snowball instead of yeti if you are going desktop. it will be cheaper and sound just as good for gaming (I own one). I personally find less issues and ambient noise with a headset mic.

Sent via Tapatalk carrier pigeon

First Sixer, the chick in your sig is distracting, damn.

Second I own the Corsair 2100 and for the price I paid ($120) it has been AMAZING,

Crystal clear audio, everyone can here me no interference and the ability to change from 2.0 - 5.1 - 7.1
It is all simulated surround but it is crystal clear listen to a sound test and you cannot sell much difference between actual and simulated when it comes to headsets.

Get the blue snowball instead of yeti if you are going desktop. it will be cheaper and sound just as good for gaming (I own one). I personally find less issues and ambient noise with a headset mic.

Sent via Tapatalk carrier pigeon

i also use this mic, works great.. i prefer a desk mic because i find the boom off the head set distracting visually and it feels heavy on one side which causes discomfort and pisses me off.

I use the logitech G930 and find it awesome...battery has descent life and whenm its dead it runs wired..so win win..

I have decided to go with the Corsair 2100 headset. Even though I like the Yeti this was my final decision because many have said that you lose sound when people move around their mic plus I lean back in the chair once in awhile so I dont want to have to yell into the mic. Also since Ill have a headset on already I might as well have full freedom to move my head. Once I get my tax return maybe Ill pick up the Yeti just for shits and giggles.

Now Im going to look into seeing if theres a warranty still available on this wired headset :D

Why the crap would you buy a studio mic?I would want it because of my music stuff but for gaming?i wouldnt. I have the logitech G930 just like north. But between the 2 corsair. And thats funny Cpl mac i had that same microphone for about the same amount of time xD

Soulzz has some big dildo looking mic .. Not sure I would dare talk into it don't know where it has been or what kind of bodily functions he has recorded with it .. But he says its the best sounding pod cast mic made .. I am happy with the mic on my Steel Series Siberia II's sounds jsut fine to me .. I would not want a mic that could pick up a mouse farting two county's away ..

theres much better things u can spend 119$ on a 40$ desktop mic will be all you need unless your trying to be the next lindsay lohan or biber warning soulz might snatch u up like mj glove and all

I've had the Logitech G35 headset for almost four years now and they still work flawlessly. They're just not wireless like the G930. (I hate wireless headsets...) I had a SteelSeries headset recently that I got for a really good price that used my SB Fatal1ty sound card to its fullest, and it didn't sound any better than the USB 7.1 virtual surround of the G35.

Back