Clip vs Magazine

DragBag11B

Courtesy of Rogue Gunfighter's FB page. This is a knock on the anti-gun crowd who refuses to educate themselves on the subject they constantly speak out against. Also serves as a PSA for one of my pet peeves, stripper clip vs magazine; clips are used to feed a magazine. Example follows:
"I have one clip left, Sarn't (mil abbreviation of Sergeant)." "Why the fuck didn't you load it into your magazine Private!?! Engage the enemy by making a 'Pew-Pew' sound, GO!"

1888471_683321741711498_79667117_n.jpg

It's not just anti-gun crowd either. Many of the top authors in Fiction make the same mistake, perpetuating the flow of misinformation. Add on prime-time and social media doing the same thing and it always makes me wonder why nobody ever does the least little bit of research to find out the difference to see if what they are printing or broadcasting is correct.

The lack of fixed magazine weapons has likely also allowed this to be easier. Ive probably fired only one in my life which was an SKS. Unless I am missing hundreds of common models it seems like something only an enthusiast would be likely to know. You don't exactly go to the movies and watch guys struggle to jam rounds out of a clip down into a fixed magazine.

Something becomes outdated and uncommon its easy to confuse with the general public. Educated politicians, lobbyists etc probably should be educated on a matter in which they speak. So yeah rant away :p Just know that 100 years from now it wont have changed.

The sad fact is that words evolve over time, often to their detriment. And when they are used incorrectly for a long enough period by enough people, the “new definition” takes root and it’s pretty much impossible to exterminate.

aka...who gives a shit...lol

Should be called mags, but EVERYONE in online gaming calls them clips so it's unfortunate... kinda like Football vs Soccer ;-) .

well back in the day they used to feed a rifle using a 5 round clip, very outdated now with mags in place.

well back in the day they used to feed a rifle using a 5 round clip, very outdated now with mags in place.

Back in the day meaning the M1 Garand? Because that's... well, quite a bit back in the day. I don't even know of any other rifle which is clip-fed that's actually been popular or official for any military force in the world in the last 120 years.

Back in the day meaning the M1 Garand? Because that's... well, quite a bit back in the day. I don't even know of any other rifle which is clip-fed that's actually been popular or official for any military force in the world in the last 120 years.

Does the SKS not count now that there are modern variants? Or was it never very popular?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I should say I'm not a gun buff actually though, so IDK :p . Post link to wikipedia xD . Edit: reading. Edit2: Nevermind, I have seen that before... surprised that design lasted until 1970, probably because of cheapness and/or accuracy? It definitely counts though.

SKS and Mosin are the other two I have handled, and all three are dinosaurs.

Edit: Nevermind, some of the variants at least of the Mosin (if not all?) are clips.

I was gonna say....the Mauser K98. Probably the best bolt action rifle ever built. Practically every German soldier in WWII carried this weapon and it was deadly. Still quite popular today in a lot of gun circles.

I should say I'm not a gun buff actually though, so IDK :p . Post link to wikipedia xD . Edit: reading. Edit2: Nevermind, I have seen that before... surprised that design lasted until 1970, probably because of cheapness and/or accuracy? It definitely counts though.

Because the M1 Garand was a fucking beast. Sure it was heavy, it shot a heavy fucking round. But they are fucking point on accurate! Besides, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work or you run out of ammo, you can hit the bad guys with it and it weighs a lil more than some Louiville Pine

Don't forget, the M1 is ridiculously easy to fire. Anyone can pick it up and fire it without needing instruction. It's accurate as fuck, has a hard hitting round, (one meant to kill them not just wound or piss them off) and it can and has been used in close combat as a club to the head. There's a reason the Army brought the M1 back into service in Afghanistan besides the fact it has better range than the barbie guns (M4 carbines).

And I say Barbie Guns because when they switched to the smaller round with the objective of wounding instead of killing it reminds me of a doll or toy instead of a weapon. And yeah, I know it costs more in terms of manpower, money, morale sometimes to wound instead of kill but shouldn't the objective of a military rifle be to kill the enemy, preferably with one shot?

hearts and minds....and that is exactly what it is(a barbies gun). Might as well be carrying around a paper weight with all the RoE over there now

Back