BF1 Server Update - October 24 2016

Avery78

Updates rolled out in a 700mb patch

General
  • Fix for one common and one uncommon client crash.
  • Fixed a potential soft freeze in single player campaign connected to AI.
  • Fixed an issue where players experienced getting stuck in the globe screen when cancelling matchmaking.
  • Fixed an issue when trying to join multiple servers.
  • Fixed an issue where players experienced weapon skins not being removed when scrapping items.
  • Fixed an issue where players were missing “The Insider” Dog Tag.
  • Tweaked calculations of values in End of Round.
  • Fixed issue where Class Rank was incorrect.
  • Note: This fix may result in players going down in Class Rank to the correct rank. In this scenario, any unlocks purchased at a higher and incorrect rank will not be lost.
  • PC: Fixed an occasional crash when a user shutdown the game.
  • PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced troubles with A and X button functionality on PC while using an Xbox One controller.
  • PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced crashing while closing the client during streaming installation.
  • Xbox One: Fix for the "Trench Raider" Dog Tag not unlocking on Xbox One.

UI
  • Fixed two issues in the “Through Mud and Blood” War Story where no new objectives would appear.
  • Fixed an issue where players experienced wrong info in loading screen.
  • Fixed an issue where players were missing the Dog Tag counter.
  • Fixed an issue where English text would appear for players in non-English regions.
  • Fixed an issue where players experienced a placeholder image when opening the Operations menu for the first time.
  • PC: Fixed an issue where players were missing an option to display controller button prompts.
  • Fixed an issue where players experienced End of Round screen not loading.

Graphics
  • Fixed a crash related to soldier animation.
  • Fixed a graphical glitch when exiting a War Story and going to the main menu.
  • Fixed an issue where players experienced player icon overlapping while matchmaking on console.
  • PC: Temporal anti-aliasing is now the default anti-aliasing mode on medium graphics quality.
  • PC: Fix for a graphical issue causing artifacts in shadows.

FYI - If you have an Nvidia card it is recommended to go with the new 375.63 drivers that just came out.

Do private servers no longer exist? All mine seem to be official ea / dice servers ...

Do private servers no longer exist? All mine seem to be official ea / dice servers ...

They are supposed to release info regarding private servers and how they will be configured within the first week of November. Otherwise it's official servers for another week or two.

• @Braddock512 Do you know when the next update will be?

• Braddock512

bp6j1uljdrp6.png
    BF3MOHWBF4BFHNovember 13, 2016 4:14AM

I'm working on getting something out Monday. Not everything, but some big answers.

-Braddock512-

TBG might want to save their money. This is from reddit:
I went ahead and bought a 7 day server to go ahead and test my suspicions about rent-a-server. I had my expectations a bit high, hoping DICE/EA would remember the success of rent-a-server in BF3 and would learn from their mistakes and bad implementation in BF4. Boy was I wrong, it's even worse now.

• You can only add up to 6 maps in a rotation. There should not be a limit (or at least one so high it would allow every map from every DLC to be played on it at least once).
  • There is no ban list. You cannot ban players from your server, whether you're in the game or not. This is by far the most important feature of rent-a-server as means of removing the toxic players that constantly sabotage a team by driving vehicles right to the enemy spawn, battle taxi, or just outright destroy team vehicles. The people that stand in front of field guns and AAs because someone else got there first, that type of stuff.
  • There is no in-game server menu. You cannot choose the next map, kick players, or balance teams in-game (or out, for that matter).
  • You cannot disable "skill-based" autobalance.
  • You cannot see a list of players in your own server unless you are in the game.
  • Any edits made to the server as all such as reducing respawn times or increasing ticket count will label the server with a big "CUSTOM" sign. I could understand this for something so big as changing bullet damage, but respawn times are a bit excessive.
  • In addition to that, you can only choose set values for these at 50%, 100%, and 200%. You cannot write in 500%, 0%, 750%, etc.
  • There is no way to remove a specific weapon, only the type of weapon, and gadgets cannot be removed. This is necessary in case of any mishaps such as the previous M26 dart glitch in BF3, or the USAS-12 frag rounds being blatantly overpowered around the launch of BF3.
  • "Land Vehicles" and "Air Vehicles" are the only options for removing vehicles. YOU CANNOT REMOVE THE BEHEMOTH OR CHANGE THE BEHEMOTH SPAWN RULES OR ANYTHING OF THAT SORT. In addition, you cannot disable a specific vehicle.
  • You cannot reserve slots for yourself, admins, or VIPs.
  • Not to mention you cannot set anyone as an admin.
  • Not to mention you have no admin privileges even though you rented the server.

Back