battle of plastics

which do you prefer?

• cz

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • glock

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

Snakebabies

I have fired glocks in my day, but never CZ weapon. Was looking to get some input on .40s before i make my decision. Discuss:

Been using glocks my entire career (11 years). compact .40/.45 for work. and sub compact .45 when off. I am currently using the 23 .40 Glock for work and the Kahr PM9 off. I like how Glock has a completely different way of operating as opposed to other semi autos. Other than a bad mag once, that cause my slide to lock back on every second shot when the mag was full. For whatever reason I shoot somewhat better with the .45 caliber as opposed to the .40, not quite sure why. I have had no other issues with the .40 Glocks.

I like Glocks, I really do. I've owned them and they do all you ask and versatile, easy to upgrade, add attachments, etc. They're easy to break down. Glocks are good at a lot of things but they don't do anything really well. The CZ's do a lot of things really well but some things not as good as a Glock, just due to the popularity of the Glock.

That being said, I'll take the CZ any day of the week. It's not as easy to swap stuff out, it's not difficult, but you can't walk into any shop and get a CZ captured guide rod.

But, the CZ fits the hand better-more anatomically comfortable.
The CZ is a better shooter-much more accurate than a Glock.
Break down is just as simple, if different than Glocks.
The CZ polymer's are just a little thicker than the G19.
The CZ p07 is the same size a G19, the P09 is the same size as a G17.

Bottom line: The CZs are more fun to shoot and they're way more accurate and I love the trigger way more than the Glocks. Just don't expect to walk into any store and pick up parts/magazines for the CZ. Most likely you'll need to order them online or know a store that carries them locally.

Hard Choice between two fantastic guns. Shot and both, owned a glock, and really hard to say which is better. I personally shoot better with my M&P then I did with my Glock, so we parted ways.

Hard Choice between two fantastic guns. Shot and both, owned a glock, and really hard to say which is better. I personally shoot better with my M&P then I did with my Glock, so we parted ways.

Yeah, same with the CZ and the Glock. I shoot a lot better with the CZ so the Glock went bye-bye!

how is the safetymechanism on czs compared to glocks? im predominately a lefty, but can fire switchcomfortably.

I voted Glock, but only because I love the one I own. CZs are known to be great and the 75 is a beautiful weapon.

Can't go wrong either way. I have owned both and enjoyed them equally. The CZ does fit a feel a bit nicer. As for shooting I really don't see much difference @ 25 yards. Get the one that feels right in your hands.

how is the safetymechanism on czs compared to glocks? im predominately a lefty, but can fire switchcomfortably.

The CZ polymers come with a decocker but can be switched to a safety if you desire. They're not stricker fired like the Glocks, they're like most sigs DA/SA. The CZs have ambidextrous decocker/safety and the parts come with the pistol to change the decocker to a safety. Personally, I prefer the decocker so I left that alone.

Oh, the P07 in SA is a 3.5lb trigger and 6.75 in DA by my measurements.

You know, if I were you I'd just go rent one of each or at least go to a gun show and handle them and feel the trigger. You'll pretty much know once you get your hands on them. But, like Doobz said you can't go wrong with either one it's just a matter of preference.

No, they are striker fired-all internal moving parts for the trigger. They have what's more like a 2 part trigger system. Pull it back so far it it clicks loudly and you can feel the tension-pull back further and it goes bang! That's your safety. I like it, but the CZ has the hammer like a 1911.

Personally, the Glock trigger feels clumsy in comparison but that's just my impression. I really advise putting your hands one them both to see which feels better to you.

Oh, before I forget....if you're going to get the CZ, make sure you get the P07 or P09, but not the P07 Duty or P09 Duty.
The Duty line was the older models up to 2013. They dropped the Duty and just went with the model name in 2014. There are small changes besides the naming starting from 2014 like using CZ's Omega trigger system versus the traditional DA/SA, rounding off the the nose of the slide so it eliminates the angles (makes finding holsters easier and more comfortable to carry) and they've beefed up the springs on the P07...but small changes largely cosmetic but worth noting if you're going to concealed carry.

I haven't found the new ones locally, but they do have them available at budsgunshop.com

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/91638/CZ-USA+P07+POLY+9mm+Black+15RD
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ucts_id/716006967/CZU+P-07+40SW+12RD+BLK+POLY

Dude, Glocks are nice, and reliable BUT.

CZ is 1 thousand times better, they have the safety and reliability of a hammer gun in a striker form. The trigger system is way way better imo

glocks are like the AK47 of the plastic pistol community, they are reliable easy to use and pretty tame on maintenance.. however if you want to get on the next level CZ is my choice. either that or your Sigs.

as a personal carry, I am all about my Kimber.

I have only ever a fired 2 different Glock .40s in my life both times the thing I didn't like was the casings ejected straight up and then tended to bounce off my head. Never fired a CZ so I wouldn't know. I do like the price and ease of use of a Glock.

I have only ever a fired 2 different Glock .40s in my life both times the thing I didn't like was the casings ejected straight up and then tended to bounce off my head. Never fired a CZ so I wouldn't know. I do like the price and ease of use of a Glock.
Funny, but yeah I noticed that all the time with the Glocks. I've never had one from the CZs do that.

Edit: Lex, I shot a Kimber Ultra carry II yesterday with the crimson laser on it...that thing will split the wings on a fly...holy hell. It was a very close toss up of which was more accurate, that or P07 .40 but I have to say it was fun as fuck using that laser :)

I have fired Glock before. A .40 and a 9mm. Wasn't impressed with either, I like HK better than Glock. The reason I wanted some input, is because I held a CZ .40( i take it the P07) today, and whew, it feels meaty, yet light. As soon as I left the weapons shop, I created this thread. From the input, I am leaning towards the CZ. Would love to have a Kimber, but if I am going to drop a grand+, I will get my Benelli.

Funny, but yeah I noticed that all the time with the Glocks. I've never had one from the CZs do that.

Edit: Lex, I shot a Kimber Ultra carry II yesterday with the crimson laser on it...that thing will split the wings on a fly...holy hell. It was a very close toss up of which was more accurate, that or P07 .40 but I have to say it was fun as fuck using that laser :)

Hell yeah dude! that's a fucking NICE gun. they say you get what you pay for, and so far I think Kimber has the best deal personally.

Back