Anyone using Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus

It doesn't look like av-test or av-comparatives even tested them. The detection testing is based off of the pcmag dude's malware collection and URLs he got from a security firm. Seems legit but it still feels a little sketchy to me. Personally I'd go with a more established product. Something you know is going to still be around a year from now. I just recently got BitDefender Total Security 2015 for my PC and laptop and so far no issues. If I had to recommend anything it would be that F-Secure or Kaspersky. I used to use the free AVG but its detection blows now and it started frequently wanting to reboot my PC and it would take over the browser with its own toolbar plugin.

I use bit defender, never had a problem with it. Doesn't bog up system like Norton or McAfee. Just don't have it running with malwarebytes, you can run into problems if they are used together.

I need new Antivirus software. Right now I have AVG. What do y'all recommend?
Don't need much more than AVG & Malwarebytes, although malwarebytes did kill a suspicious file named avgnsa today...

I'm using Webroot, and I like it a lot better than Norton. It has a small footprint, has extra security features other packages don't have, and as PC magazine notes it has Impressive malware Blocking and identity Protection and malicious URL blocking.

Kaspersky, last time I used it, dug too deep and completely blocked me from playing BF3 even though I set up exception rules. I haven't bothered with it since then.

Kaspersky, last time I used it, dug too deep and completely blocked me from playing BF3 even though I set up exception rules. I haven't bothered with it since then.

not to mention it is not recommended to use it if you're working for the fed or state government in any way.

MSE is all I use, but I don't browse the web much any more. Its free and does the job. I'm positive there are much better out there though.

MSE is also great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I use Avast, the free version along with Maleware bytes.

MSE is terrible. Keep on using it if you want but it has terrible independent testing. I used to use it and recommend it. When its so bad that independent AV testers wouldn't even grade it, I changed my mind. Actually I was working on a project with a Microsoft employee who told me they were phasing out that product for Windows Defender. However even that has pretty piss poor protection...

http://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/

As far as the other stuff. I'm not sure what that video was supposed to show Malinsky.

Back