any idea why only one website wont work

BlitZ003

step dad just got a new lap top asked if I wanted his old ass lil 10" all other sites will access accept facebook. im confused maybe one of yall can shed some light

facebook (FB) + instagram (I) = FBI
the 10" clearly refuses to get spied on

on a real note, all I can think of is some software that was set up to block the site specifically or some software needs to be updated but maybe the 10" is too old to be updated now. I have a Pentium II that runs great but won't handle any websites like YouTube because the Windows 98SE won't update anymore. Some Java program is the issue if I remember right

its the IE no connection to web default thing and asks if I want to diagnous the problem

id put win 7 on it but don't think it can handle it and cant find my XP disc which is what it has on it now

Set IE to default settings. Usually works for me when I'm working on someone's pic.

Chk ur windows firewall settings....it just might be blocking that one site if your dad was not into Facebook.

Sgt. brings up a good point. Do u have chrome or Firefox installed and does it do the same thing?

I put chrome on it after making this as had not thought to do so till I posted everything works now. I just deleted IE all together off it even though that's what I run on my desktop cause apparently im the only one that doesn't have issues with it and when I try and run battlelog on chrome or firefox I have all sortsa issues

I was thinking you were blocked for being a stalker. Insert funny pic here:

First I would check his hosts file. C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts. Open it with notepad and make sure no malware hacked it. If you see an entry for Facebook delete it. Actually I would delete any entries. Then make sure he's using legit DNS servers. I use the public google ones. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Also don't forget to run from the command line "ipconfig /flushdns" this will clear any bad cached DNS entries. I should also mention if his host file was in fact hacked or he was using poisoned DNS servers that you should run a full malware scan.

Back