American Sniper

Haha -- always got a find a way, eh Erik ;).

Fantastic. Bradley Cooper was great in The Place Beyond the Pines.

That guys book was full of baloney, so the movie probably will be too.

Do snipers really not put their eye up to the scope? Or is that just a hollywood thing so the stars face wont be obscured?

It's called eye relief - the distance your eye should be from the scope to give a full field of view. Every scope has one - magnified scope that is, the red dot scope on the .22 to your left doesn't because it isn't magnified - and typically its around 3 inches for anything that would be put in a high powered rifle, lest you want to pay a visit to the emergency room. One thing about the trailer that confuses me: Every BF4 (and CoD, etc) player knows snipers just key bind right-click and hold-breath together and it takes 1/50th of a second to get a headshot, offhand, from a rooftop. What gives? Can't Hollywood get anything right?

The original trailer had him stand up from his current position, holding his rifle at his side, and shooting the head clean off the kid. His spotter high-fived him, as they shouted down to the troops below, "No scoped, bitches!," to which the boots all shouted, in their Marine grunt like sound, "Trollollollolloll".

Then Clint Eastwood came along and slapped some damn sense into them all.

since I don't get HBO, I never watched Generation Kill when it was on TV but I have a lot of clips from the series on a playlist. This is one of them

since I don't get HBO, I never watched Generation Kill when it was on TV but I have a lot of clips from the series on a playlist. This is one of them

I really enjoyed that show. But band of brothers is still better!

I really enjoyed that show. But band of brothers is still better!
Band of Brothers was an amazing mini-series. I also enjoyed The Pacific. I never watched Generation Kill but it's on my list now of shows to check out.

Back