144Hz refresh IPS-type display panels

sixer9682

Now that Asus is offering it's 144hz 1440p monitor, this looks interesting as hell too.

AU Optronics (AUO), part of the BenQ group, has announced a range of new display panels that are based upon its AHVA (Advanced Hyper Viewing-Angle) panel technology. This technology is said to be the equivalent to LG Display's IPS technology (and Samsung's PLS) and offers similar visual and performance characteristics to such screens.

The headlining news, via TFT Central, is that AU Optronics has produced an AHVA panel which can achieve a 144Hz refresh rate. Higher refresh rates like this, on an IPS panel, are something the PC gaming community in particular has been crying out for. However, please note that Samsung has been producing some of its PLS panels at 120Hz for quite some time.

The new AU Optronics panel, the M270DAN02.3, is a 27-inch example. It boasts a 2560 x 1440 pixel resolution, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 350cd/m2 brightness, sRGB gamut and 178/178 viewing angles.

http://hexus.net/tech/news/displays...velops-144hz-refresh-ips-type-display-panels/

What's the response time? . one of the reasons ips displays have been bad for gaming is high response times.

Sent by Tapatalk carrier pigeon via Nexus 5.

It's the same company that makes the Asus Rog swift monitor that just came out and supposedly they can make this at 1ms response also. Remember, it's not a true IPS, it's and IPS-like display, two different donkeys.

It's the same company that makes the Asus Rog swift monitor that just came out and supposedly they can make this at 1ms response also. Remember, it's not a true IPS, it's and IPS-like display, two different donkeys.

The IPS and IPS-like display are totally comparable though. They use different technical processes to achieve nearly the same thing. I don't think it is as different as you make it sound(I could be wrong).

Don't get me wrong, I agree they are totally comparable as far as viewing angles and colors, but what I had meant was since it's not technically an IPS display it doesn't have the same sort of limitations...better in response time and a little worse in color representation. But I was responding about the response times so it should, theoretically, be very low latency.

might need to try one out... I have the asus 1440p 80hz ips currently

Back