Win AFC

amazon3d

I don't know if any of you know about Win AFC but I used it for F@H to set core prioritys automatically for my folding clients. I am hoping it will do the same with BF2142 and xFire. I am trying to set the priority as High on CPU2+CPU3 (core 3 and 4) and CPU1 (core 2) to high for xfire64.exe xfire64.exe and xfire.exe. I am hoping this will move BF to run on cores 3/4 and leave 1/2 open for vent, windows, and xfire.

If any of you have used this program before give me a shout and let me know if I am doing this right.

BF only uses one thread/core, doesn't it? You should actually make F@H low and run them across all 4 cores imo (that's what I do with boinc) but it's up to you...

If stuff is on low, you lose maybe less than 1% performance in games (if that). Windows has really good priority execution management.

I know some people set the affinity for BF2142 so it only utilizes one core. Some have stated that this has helped alleviate crashing and other random errors. Unfortunately it's a rather old game and doesn't support multi-cores as HeatSurge stated. Maybe the new patch will add some additional support but I wouldn't hold my breath. Anyway just Google BF2142+affinity and you'll come across some information.

I basically just dont want the game to use core0 as it tends to have the most crap running off it. So far it seems to be working good.

Back