We need voteban/votekick on BF4

Should there be voteban/votekick on TBG servers?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeLeGud

A new day, a new hacker. Every single day there's some multihack prick on every single TBG server I join, doesn't matter if it is rush, tdm, cq, there's always someone.
I've been playing on TBG servers for a long time now, but only until recently I decided to make an account here.

Voteban/votekick is a simple solution to this issue, and its abcense is also the cause of it. Hackers feel really cozy in a server where they know they can't be banned inmediately by players who notice them. Instead we have to go through a reporting process in battlelog and this forum, that apart from taking a long time to yield results, it may not yield any at all.

I don't even know if this is the place to adress this issue, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the first one.

I just wanna relax and play ffs.

Hi there, thanks for your feedback.

I agree that hackers are no fun, they can certainly ruin the fun for those of who who play legitimately. I'm sure that you'll also get some feedback from the head admins and founders of TBG, but in the meantime, I wanted to get back to you with a few things.

First, we ask that you please report hackers right here in our forums. We respond to all reports as quickly as we can. You can do that at this link anytime: https://www.tbgclan.com/form/reporting-a-player.3/select

Now as far as vote ban/vote kick, I don't think that is the best solution to the problem. I've been in countless games where good players are falsely accused and harassed by other players just because they have a high score or belong to a squad that actually revives and works together in Discord. If there had been vote kick or vote ban in place, the lesser players would have just blindly banned the person based on a gut feeling instead of taking the steps that we do behind the scenes to make sure that they really are cheating, and not just really good. The game has been out for several years now and many players have multiple accounts, so it's not uncommon to see people saying "No way someone with that guy's rank can have 100 kiils, he's a hacker!"

This is just my experience, but I feel that the best thing you can do is report them here, and if possible, record your evidence so we can see what you're seeing, and we will act accordingly. I personally think that vote kick/vote ban just gets abused and the servers that have had it in the past are dead and out of business.

Thanks again for playing with our community and giving us feedback. See you in the game!

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply.

I agree to the concern. I suppose it is my frustration as a player that makes me want an instant solution without putting enough thought into it.

Way too many knee jerk reactions on the BF4 servers to allow a vote ban or kick. I am also really confused on the excess number of hackers you mention. Between PB & BF4DB most hackers don't survive very long on any servers let alone ours since we stream to both.

Use our report tool next time(should be tomorrow right?) So we can review the account for hacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back