[BF4] UCAVs on rush

Shaduga

Ever since the rush server has come back, it seems like every 10 seconds there is a UCAV exploding somewhere on the map. The fact that there are always 4 or 5 people sitting in the back of the enemy spawn, dropping UCAVs every 10 seconds with no way to counter the UCAVs makes the rounds infuriating.
So, I was wondering if there was any chance there could be like a UCAV limit, like 1 or 2 per team, added to the rush server? I feel like it might help the fun factor in rounds out a lot, as I've seen quite a few other people complain in chat about the spam.
If this isn't an option, well then I totally understand.
Thanks.

It is very easy to counter them, as a matter of fact I can recall several times where I ucaved you only to be given a suav in return 15 seconds later from you.

You seem to enjoy sniping, why not limit the snipers to 1 or 2 a team as well?

It simply comes down to people being killed by something that they don't want to take the time to counter. That shouldn't be regulated, and I'm genuinely surprised to see a player of your caliber resorting to this. There are lots of servers that ban ucavs and ban firing to and from deployment - your options are numerous. Please don't take away one of our few options.

How are UCAVs easy to counter? The only way is to kill their user after it's fired off. Usually that's impossible because most of you sit in spawn firing them off the whole round. While I agree that SUAV can be used against it, this only further incentivizes camping. On rush. The game mode where you... rush.

Actually, I wouldn't mind a sniper limit. There are far too many people who sit in spawn or in the far reaches of the map not doing much at all, not going for objectives, and not helping the team out.

While I understand what you're saying with the countering thing, it just doesn't work for the rush game mode. Rush is intrinsically an objective-based game mode where you RUSH and/or defend.

There are ways to counter them, but pretty much all of them require more and more players to sit back in spawn (mortar, ucav, suav), which takes away from the gamemode. And those servers have banned UCAVs for a reason - they incentivize camping and lower the fun for a lot of players (in my opinion).

If I can ucav you, I can be suaved/mortared, ucaved, and often times sniped from that position. Yes, it does require you to disengage from the mcom in order to kill me, but that's all part of the strategy. Often times some of the better players on the opposing team end up hunting us ucavers, which would mean in effect we are helping our team's efforts.

As far as the sniper limit, I'm not aware of any such limit on any of the TBG servers. The point I was making is that such artificial restraints really take away from the spirit of the diversity of the game and player choice. Something I'm glad this server does not engage in.

I don't mind people rushing the objective consistently, and you will never hear me rail against those who do so. But the nature of indirect fire is such that we attack the objective from afar, something that the support class is designed to do depending on your play style.

And for those servers that have banned the ucav, they often don't stop there. They often ban shotguns, certain assault rifles, place limits on dmr and bolt action slots, one server I went on even had a "vehicle roulette" such that if you were in a vehicle there was a chance you could randomly be admin killed. The point I'm making is that once that door is opened to limiting gadgets that are in the game on this server, it won't stop there and will never, ever go back. To the detriment of the player experience, I fear.

I understand the fear of the whole banning gadgets thing, but I just feel personally UCAV is a bit different. While indirect fire is good in moderation, the level it is at on the server is way too high. Far too often I look into the sky and see a UCAV flying in my direction. I am totally okay with a few of them occasionally, but the rate at which they come is far too high.

In my personal opinion, this level of UCAVery is actually is a restriction of the diversity of the gameplay that can happen, as much of the time spent playing is spent hiding or avoiding UCAVs, versus getting kills and rushing or defending the objectives.

Alternate option - join our ucav discord and let the dark energy flow through you and see what the ucav can do for your life.

My marriage was terrible - it's still terrible but now I have the ucav.

I used to have a drinking problem, I still do actually.

I speak in third person at work and talk about airburst and had to meet with Human Resources last week.

Join us, let the ucav speak through you and for you.

the invite is much appreciated, but I shall keep the darkness at bay and must refuse

Our rules for our servers have always been simple in the 10+ years we have been here. One of them being ALL weapons are allowed, UCAV included. We have never had nor will have any plugin to limit what a player can and cannot use in game (As far as weapons and vehicles go.) It takes away the fun and makes everything restrictive. Everyone is allowed to play how they want. (They paid for the game right?) With the exception of cheaters. We deal with them accordingly.

UCAV's are not invincible. You can most certainly take them down quickly. They are just like any other player or vehicle in game. Just have to put in an extra minute or two to do so. They really are no different than a player in a vehicle (Jet or Heli.) I agree with Mudship, Support classes are just that....Support. They are meant to to assist the team and provide cover fire, distractions and most of this is done from a distance.

Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion on this. We always love hearing feedback from our guests!

Don't forget, UCAV's can also be targeted by MAV's, and planes. I can't tell you how many time a jet targets my UCAV tube and takes me out with it. Also, UCAV's take like 45 seconds to reload.

Remember, it's just a game. You will be killed by weapons you don't like, just take a deep breath and respawn. Since a picture is worth a thousand words and your concerns have already been addressed by others, I'm just going to leave this here for some comic relief.

Thanks for your comments, have fun on the servers. :)

ucav.jpg

Last edited:
Back