[DAYZ] Survival of the Smartest

AnalGrape

BANNED
BANNED
From Dayz.db
THIS IS AN EARLY VERSION by PunchHimInThe OF THIS GUIDE AND WILL BE EDITED TIME AND TIME AGAIN

You ,my friend, must want to know how to survive in the apocalyptic wasteland of DayZ! Well, that can be accomplished in a few simple steps that I am about to share with you today! DayZ is a very popular game in both it's modded ARMA II state, and its newly released Standalone Version! This game takes place in a province of Russia called Chernarus, which is indeed a fictional area! Bohemia has put together a very large amount of land for your player to explore. No matter if you own DayZ and are looking for a guide to the life of the survivor, or are just browsing around, looking for something to pass the time with, this guide can indeed do both! Let's get started, shall we?

At spawning: You will need to find yourself some supplies to get you started. You can search near your spawn area for towns and buildings that may happen to be close by. You will need food and water more than ANYTHING else right now.

A weapon: A weapon is something we all will need at one point, but by weapon, I do not mean a firearm. I mean a crowbar, fire extinguisher, wrench, cutting axe, kitchen knife, fire axe, etc. in which you can use to your DEFENSE in a moment's notice. Also, some of these tools can be used as can openers to pry open those pesky cans of spaghetti you've been dying to eat!

Gear: Early on, you will need some better gear that doesn't make your player stand out too much, but can store more items that will be needed greatly on long treks to other towns. For now, before you find any military camps,(which I advise that you don't go looking for just yet) you will have a limited number of items that your player can use to his/her advantage. You will need to find a better shirt that has storage slots, like a long-sleeved pocketed shirt. This very same rule applies with pants. I would recommend hunting pants (never in white) You might be lucky enough to come along and stumble upon a backpack. Even though you will have plenty of space, I do not recommend using the Mountain Backpacks. They are in highlighter colors and are very big on your player, making you an easy spot for some of the many bandits in DayZ's open world experience. I recommend the Hunting Backpack if you want space, but also want to be concealed from enemy eyes.

Firearms: M4's, Mosins, FNX45's, etc. These are examples of the firearms you may pick up early on in your life. The most convenient place to find them, currently, is near Balota. I do NOT recommend you going there at daytime to look for firearms and other military gear. Nighttime is another story. If one turns their GAMMA and BRIGHTNESS to maximum whilst playing while the sun's not up, they will be much less noticeable and will be able to sneak around more properly. Here's a rule I have when rummaging through military barracks in places like Balota. NEVER. STAND. UP. Always be crouched down or even in prone when you are wanting to find military gear, because if I have learned anything from this game, it's that YOU ARE NOT ALONE. The weapon I'd use in most situations is the M4A1. I prefer this weapon because of its versatility in combat. The ammunition can be a bit tricky to find for this weapon, but, when in a pinch, it will come useful to you.

Flashlights: Don't use'm. I'm warning you now. You will become a beacon for other players to be attracted to. Again with the GAMMA and BRIGHTNESS settings. If you're still having trouble finding items that you need, try using the VICINITY section in your TAB menu. Gas lamps, I have learned, can be very useful if you need a diversion. It will attract unsuspecting players, and by the time they find it, you will be far away in hiding, or they will have a gun against their heads.

Ammo: If you need ammo for your gun, search in military bases, (barracks) or in military camps. You may run into some ammo for pistols in houses. Just be careful. An unloaded pistol is hard to be distinguished from a loaded one. You could use the empty weapon as a threat to any who be near, but be careful. Some don't take kindly to being threatened with a questionably loaded gun.

This is all for now, guys. I will add more to this guide at a later date! I hope you've enjoyed this quick article!

Back