[DAYZ] Standalone Survival Guide

AnalGrape

BANNED
BANNED
The Basics
Status effects, or modifiers as the scripts call them, usually have multiple stages that become increasingly more dire. An example of this is hunger, where you go from hungry to very hungry, and then to starving. You don't start losing health or blood until your starving, so the earlier stages serve as warnings.

Your character's health is described by several variables, which the status effects modify over time. When you spawn, you start with the following default values:

Health 5000
Blood 5000
Energy 1000
Water 1800
Stomach 1000
Hunger 0
Thirst 0

Bleeding
Bleeding only has a single stage, but the amount of blood you lose is still based on how badly you're bleeding - that gets tracked separately.

The Cure
Bandaging.

Hunger
Hunger goes through three stages: hungry, very hungry, and starving.

The Cure
Eating food, or for smaller gains, drinking soda.

Hungry
Cause Energy below 600
Symptoms "My stomach grumbles" "I'm feeling hungry" "I want to eat something" "I feel hungry"
Status text hungry
Very Hungry
Cause Energy below 300
Symptoms "I'm extremely hungry" "My stomach grumbled violently" "I'm starving"
Status text hungry
Starving
Cause Energy below 100
Symptoms "I'm dying of starvation"
Effects -1 Health/sec
-0.5% Blood/sec
Status text starving

Thirst
Thirst goes through three stages of dehydration: light, medium, and heavy. It's worth noting that when you spawn, you're already in light dehydration, so one of your top priorities should be finding water. Unlike hunger, the status text in your inventory doesn't change when you reach the worst stage, so be sure to pay attention to the symptoms in your chat.

The Cure
Drinking water or soda.

Light Dehydration
Cause Water below 2000
Symptoms "I feel thirsty" "I'm thirsty" "I need a drink" "I feel like having a drink" "I want to drink something"
Status text thirsty
Medium Dehydration
Cause Water below 1000
Symptoms "I really need to drink"
Status text thirsty
Heavy Dehydration
Cause Water below 0
Symptoms "I'm dying of dehydration"
Effects -5 Health/sec
-1% Blood/sec
Status text thirsty

Healing
When you're fully fed and watered, you gain a healing status. There are three stages of healing: light regeneration, full regeneration, and healing. In the regeneration stages, you only regenerate blood, while in the healing stage, you regain health.

The Cure
Finish regenerating to full blood and health.

Light Regeneration
Cause Energy above 3500 and Water above 3000
Effects +1 Blood/sec
Full Regeneration
Cause Energy above 5000 and Water above 2500
Effects +3 Blood/sec
Healing
Cause Energy above 5000, Water above 2500, and Blood at 5000
Effects +3 Health/sec
Status text healing

Stuffed
Being stuffed is caused by eating or drinking more than your stomach can hold. There's three stages: stuffed, fully stuffed, and... vomiting.

The Cure
Wait for your stomach contents to be digested at a rate of 1 per second, or force yourself to vomit.

Stuffed
Cause Stomach above 2500
Symptoms "My stomach feels stuffed" "I feel really full" "My stomach feels completely full"
Fully Stuffed
Cause Stomach above 3500
Symptoms "My stomach feels absolutely stuffed" "I feel over-fed" "My stomach feels much more full then it's normal"
Vomiting
Cause Stomach above 3900
Symptoms "I am close to vomiting" "I think I'm going to vomit..." "I'm going to vomit..."
Effects Vomiting:
-500 Stomach
-600 Energy (minimum of 100)
-1000 Water
Status text sick

Foot Injury
A foot injury is caused by running without shoes. While moving around, you cause damage to your feet based on the terrain you're moving on, and how fast you're moving. While wearing shoes, that damage is absorbed by lowering their condition.

The Cure
No known cure at this time, but also no known negative impact yet.

Sore
Symptoms "My feet hurt" "My feet are sore"
Injured
Symptoms "My feet are badly damaged" "My feet are bleeding" "My feet are hurting badly"

Unconscious
Unconsciousness only has one stage, which causes loss of control of your character. It can be caused either by shock, or lack of blood. Shock comes from damage to the head, and can be reduced by protective helmets. Epinephrine resets your shock level, which would revive you unless your blood is too low.

The Cure
If due to shock, epinephrine will revive you. If it's due to blood, a transfusion or saline bag. You can't easily tell if you passed out to due to shock or blood loss, but if your screen wasn't gray when you passed out, it's probably shock. If no one is around to help you, your shock level decreases at 30 per second, so it is still possible to revive on your own.

Unconscious
Cause Shock above Blood or
Blood below 500

Food poisoning
Food poisoning has up to six stages, depending on the severity of the poisoning. The most likely source of poisoning is from eating rotten fruit, which has a 50% chance of minor poisoning, and a 5% chance of moderate poisoning. Alcohol tinctures have a 75% and 20% chance for minor and moderate food poisoning as well.

The Cure
Eating charcoal tablets will immediately remove minor or moderate food poisoning.

Stage One
Symptoms "I have a funny taste in my mouth" "My mouth tastes funny" "I notice a weird taste" "My mouth tastes weird"
Stage Two
Symptoms Minor
"I feel nauseous" "I feel queasy" "I feel like throwing up"
Moderate/Severe
"I feel nauseous" "I feel queasy" "I feel like throwing up"
Effects Minor: -13.3% Water/sec
Moderate: -13.6% Water/sec, -0.2% Blood/sec
Severe: -19.5% Water/sec, -0.3% Blood/sec
Status text sick
Stage Three
Symptoms Minor
"I feel dizzy" "I feel light-headed" "I feel faint" "I feel unsteady"
Moderate/Severe
"I am close to vomiting" "I think I'm going to vomit..." "I'm going to vomit..."
Effects Minor: -13.6% Water/sec, -0.1% Blood/sec
Moderate/Severe: Vomiting: -500 Stomach, -600 Energy, -1000 Water
Status text sick
Stage Four
Symptoms Moderate
"I feel dizzy" "I feel light-headed" "I feel faint" "I feel unsteady"
Severe
"I feel cramps in my stomach"
Effects Moderate: -14.3% Water/sec, -0.1% Blood/sec
Severe: -26% Water/sec, -0.2% Blood/sec
Status text sick
Stage Five
Symptoms Moderate
"I feel tired" "I feel run-down" "I feel worn-out"
Severe
"I am close to vomiting" "I think I'm going to vomit..." "I'm going to vomit..."
Effects Severe: Vomiting: -500 Stomach, -600 Energy, -1000 Water
Stage Six
Symptoms Severe
"I feel exhausted" "I feel extremely tired"
Effects Severe: -19.5% Water/sec
Status text Severe: sick

Chemical Poisoning
Chemical poisoning is comparable to severe food poisoning. It has six stages, and is very likely to be fatal. It's normally caused by drinking disinfectant spray, which is really a bad idea.

The Cure
No known cure at this time.

Stage One
Symptoms "I have a funny taste in my mouth" "My mouth tastes funny" "I notice a weird taste" "My mouth tastes weird"
Stage Two
Symptoms "I feel nauseous" "I feel queasy" "I feel like throwing up"
Effects -26% Water/sec, -0.5% Blood/sec, -0.5% Health
Status text sick
Stage Three
Symptoms "I am close to vomiting" "I think I'm going to vomit..." "I'm going to vomit..."
Effects Vomiting: -500 Stomach, -600 Energy, -1000 Water
Status text sick
Stage Four
Symptoms "I feel cramps in my stomach"
Effects -39% Water/sec, -0.3% Blood/sec, -0.3% Health/sec
Status text sick
Stage Five
Effects Vomiting: -500 Stomach, -600 Energy, -1000 Water
Status text sick
Stage Six
Symptoms "I feel exhausted" "I feel extremely tired"
Effects -26% Water/sec, -0.1% Blood/sec
Status text sick

Hemolytic Reaction
A hemolytic reaction is caused by receiving a blood transfusion with incompatible blood types. A blood transfusion only adds 1000 blood, while a saline IV sets you back to 5000, so a transfusion should only be used in emergencies, or after confirming compatibility - because a hemolytic reaction is going to kill you.

The Cure

Stage One
Effects -10% Blood/sec
Status text sick
Stage Two
Effects -20% Blood/sec
Status text sick
Stage Three
Effects -25% Blood/sec
Status text sick
Stage Four
Effects -5000 Blood
Status text sick

Infected Wound
Zombies have a 20% chance to give you an infected wound when they damage you. This infection is pretty dangerous, so cleaning your wounds with an alcohol tincture is important.

The Cure
Clean your wounds with an alcohol tincture, or consuming tetracycline antibiotics.

Stage One
Symptoms "My wounds are itchy" "I have itchy wounds"
Effects -13.6% Water/sec
Status text sick
Stage Two
Symptoms "My wounds are infected" "I have infected wounds"
Effects -16.9% Water/sec, -0.3% Blood/sec, -0.1% Health/sec
Status text sick
Stage Three
Symptoms "My wounds are seriously infected" "I have seriously infected wounds" "I'm feeling hot" "It's really warm"
Effects -19.5% Water/sec, -0.1% Blood/sec, -0.3% Health/sec
Status text sick
Stage Four
Symptoms "My wounds hurt less" "My wounds look cleaner"
Effects -16.9% Water/sec
Status text sick

Brain Flu
Brain flu is a most likely fatal disease that zombies have a 1% chance of infecting you with on hit. The final stage will never go away on its own until you die. One oddity is that it applies negative shock values, which seems like it would be a good thing - you go unconscious when your shock is higher than your blood.

The Cure

Minor Sickness
Symptoms "I cough" "I sneeze"
Effects -13% Water/sec
Status text sick
Sickness
Symptoms "I cough" "I sneeze" "I feel my nose dripping" "My nose feels congested" "I have a runny nose" "My throat is sore" "I feel sore throat" "My throat hurts"
Effects -26% Water/sec, -0.3% Blood/sec, -0.1% Health/sec
Status text sick
Fever
Symptoms "I'm feeling hot" "I'm burning up" "I'm slick with sweat" "My clothes are soaking with sweat" "I feel cold" "I start to shiver" "I feel shivery" "I'm shivering"
Effects -26% Water/sec, -0.5% Blood/sec, -1 Health/sec, -1 Shock/sec
Status text fever
Terminal
Symptoms "I'm feeling hot" "I'm burning up" "I'm slick with sweat" "My clothes are soaking with sweat" "I feel cold" "I start to shiver" "I feel shivery" "I'm shivering"
Effects -52% Water/sec, -1% Blood/sec, -5 Health/sec, -5 Shock/sec
Status text fever

More to come

Info from Dayz.db

"Info from Curse Gaming"
Food
There are various food types available in DayZ. These replenish the hunger meter and sometimes a player's thirst. Food intake is no longer a method of blood replenishment, however it's effects on the player by regenerating water or energy levels will help in regeneration.

Eating spoiled or rotten food carries the risk of food poisoning and may result in death if left untreated.

NameEnergyWaterUsesStomachCalorie
Water (wells, ponds)01001 (100% each use)5015
Soda (any)1423301 (100% each use)16536
Canteen010005 (20% each use)500150
Waterbottle05003 (33.3% each use)250105
Canned Baked Beans4623304 (25% each use)440299
Canned Sardines333964 (25% each use)16086
Canned Spaghetti3003244 (25% each use)400192
Canned Tuna4751444 (25% each use)240153
Powdered Milk992-40010 (10% each use)20084
Rice3740-100010 (10% each use)1000500
Apple691721 (100% each use)13070
Banana1511281 (100% each use)17095
Orange711311 (100% each use)150117
Kiwi42591 (100% each use)7056
Rotten Apple20401 (100% each use)10010
Rotten Kiwi15201 (100% each use)5010
Rotten Banana52651 (100% each use)13013
Rotten Orange24481 (100% each use)12012
Chicken Breast2751121 (100% each use)16064
Crow Breast2751121 (100% each use)16064
Cock Breast2751121 (100% each use)16064
Hawk Breast2751121 (100% each use)16064
Seagul Breast2751121 (100% each use)16064
Goat Leg2852251 (100% each use)250120
Sheep Leg2852251 (100% each use)250120
Deer Leg2852251 (100% each use)250120
Dog Leg2852251 (100% each use)250120
Cow Leg2852251 (100% each use)250120
Pork Leg2852251 (100% each use)250120
Rabbit Leg2852251 (100% each use)250120
Goat Steak7351891 (100% each use)300114
Sheep Steak7351891 (100% each use)300114
Dog Steak7351891 (100% each use)300114
Cow Steak7351891 (100% each use)300114
Pork Steak7351891 (100% each use)300114
//this appears to be the correct table. not yet confirmed by any dev!

[edit]Canned Goods
[edit]Meat-based
Note that hunting and meat gathering is currently disabled in the standalone version.

[edit]Dried or Preserved
[edit]Confectionery
[edit]Fruit
[edit]Drinks
Drinks quench the thirst of a player.

Water has a risk of carrying disease, and should theoretically beboiledbefore consuming. Purification tablets is also a good choice to clean water from disease. However, both of these methods appear to be non-functional in the current version.

[edit]Medical Supplies
These may aid a player suffering fromsymptoms, illness and other health related issues.

[edit]Tools
[edit]Physical Injury
  • Bandage- applied to stop bleeding.
  • Rags- crafted from unequipped shirts, can be applied to stop bleeding, dirty rags carry risk of infection.
  • Splint- applied to broken legs and restore walking ability. (Crafted by combining Wooden sticks and Bandages/Rags)
[edit]Drugs and Health

Last edited by a moderator:
Draw distance can be changed despite not being available in the settings. Go toDocuments > DayZ
Other Profiles > [Your username] > [Your username].DayZProfile(open it in notepad). Then change the number in viewDistance=number; to a distance.

Change the quality of the clouds to very high to improve vision at night time |

Poor framerate? Go to Documents > DayZ and open DayZ.cfg in Notepad. ChangeGPU_MaxFramesAhead and GPU_DetectedFramesAhead to = 1

Bad frame rate? Try disabling Ambient occlusion. Frame rate will increase by up to 200%.

Back