S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl/Clear Sky

PhoenixHeart

I'm curious if any of you played and/or liked these 2 games? Personally I'm a HUGE fan of both. Each tackled a different style of play, but each one is wonderfully addictive in it's own way.

A very good FPSRPG, IMO.

Shadow of Chernobyl was AMAZING. I absolutely loved every second of it. I played it about a year ago.

Clear Sky - I'm waiting for new hardware to come out which can actually run the game properly (45fps+ minimum) at 1920x1080 with all detail on, and then I'll play it.

5870 still isn't good enough I think... maybe CF or the next generation in Fall next year... idk.

BTW I only played single player. Not interested in multiplayer in that game at all... but I absolutely loved Shadow of Chernobyl.

Sorry to dig up a thread, but I was out for a week, in my defense :p

Did you play the Oblivion Lost mod for SoC?

I never did. Does it really make that much of a difference for the game?

I only played the original game (with the latest official patch) and I was extremely surprised that every review I saw said "it's so buggy OMFG it's incredibly buggy, bugs are coming out of its ears" and stuff, because I didn't see any bugs at all!?

I mean, I never tried to "push" the AI, and I'm pretty sure in an open-ended world game like this you can make them do some pretty fucking stupid shit, but for purposes of the game, I thought it was absolutely adequate. The game overall is a stunning accomplishment from a somewhat then-unknown studio, and for having been in development for like 5 years or some shit (off and on, I'm sure).

I loved the gunplay and the environments/graphics made me want to touch myself (sexually). The sound wasn't anything to write home about, but it worked well. I understand Russian so that was good too...

P.S. If you want to see a really buggy game, get Gothic 3. Now that was a buggy piece of shit, which somehow I managed to finish twice, mostly because of the amazing feeling/atmosphere the game creates, and the game world which was absolutely beautiful...

P.P.S. Oh, or Two Worlds. Now, that's just a shit through and through.

Back