Reporting a player

SlickSTi

Member Name SlickSTi

Please fill out as much information as possible.

What is the game server name?** -|TBG|- ALL BF4 CONQUEST-30 MAPS | NO LAG | TBGCLAN.COM

Which Game is this for?** Battlefield 4

Date/time:** 12/14/2014 2-2:30 PM EST

Would be helpful to indicate the time. 12/14/2014 2-2:30 PM EST

Player's name** jaredpenny1 and [ARIZ]ChromeLightsaber

Offense committed: Glitching

Steam ID:

Evidence can be anything from Circumstantial stuff like screenshots, links to stat pages etc. or hard evidence like Videos.

Evidence: I'm working on getting a YouTube video uploaded.

Comments Basically I was on a rooftop with a squadmate and we both were trying to kill another sniper. He seemed to be unkillable and this proved to be correct. He was glitching the landscape in Lancang Damn. A third person may also be involved but I suspect it may have been an unknowing squadmate. The two I mentioned definitely knew what they were doing up there.

Also Dimuly13 may be implicated. I suspect he is the unknowing squadmate though. The video is uploading. My upstream isn't very fast so I will link the video in the morning.

Thanks. I'm also going to send the video to DICE and Kotaku for the highlight reel. I can't even believe this hasn't been fixed.

Okay here it is. In the beginning of the video I was already looking for him. He snipes me and the kill cam reveals his location. I couldn't shoot him with just iron sights and also couldn't spot him. My squad mate had better optics I believe and he still couldn't get him so I went to go collect his sammich on foot. Most of the video is me even trying to get to where he was. I didn't realize how the glitch worked until the last couple of minutes in the video. Apparently he goes prone as a sniper. His rifle barrel must go through the landscape and his body stays behind its cover. I'd have to test it on an empty server to be sure.

Hey, @SlickSTi. Thanks for your video. Seeing your video I decided to try to replicate getting up there. I noticed in your video there is a truck up there. I was able to drive up the side of the cliff and land up on that ledge. As we speak my character is standing in mid air like one of them was when they killed your friend. This seems to be a design flaw in the map itself.

As to whether this becomes a disallowed glitch that will require further review. It seems the have a bit of an invisible wall problem. Thankfully it seems to be a sort of "glitch" that can only cause annoyance. Players up here certainly could not do much to influence the outcome of the match, except maybe who is on top if they get great marksmanship bonuses.

We will review this. Thank you for your report.

Okay thanks for the response guys. However if no ban will be issued does that this is acceptable behavior? Do we have to report multiple instances of it happening? Yes I realize this is not a problem you created, but rather poor level design and QA by DICE. For the most part the people I play with on this server are good. Maybe too good (gravity). However I like the fact that most of them are not hackers, boosters, or glitchers.

This shall be the subject of internal review. For now I would just ignore these players. This kind of thing only causes a disruption if you allow it. They won't swing a match unless half the team decides, "let's fuck these guys in the ass."

Back