[DAYZ] Radio Com's and more O'my

Preferred role in Day Z

• Total voters

-3inchpewpew-

Well after a few fire fight's with our new found clansman's i think its time to put out some basic Com's guideline's there's somethings people need to do to make things go more smoothly.

1. We all need to figure out what we will always ultimately wear, So we all can distinguish who each other is even though clothing maybe limited but no 2 day z chars in the same fight will always have the same shit wardrobe is a must and we all should pick out 2 items that we all wear. may it be a hat and shades, A radar cap and backpack etc etc.

2. We always need to know what each other is doing, may it be said "Squad 2 moving up into town or moving 200 meters NW By the penis rock sticking out of the ground" Birch tree, Tree line in the field ETC.

3. Keep it short and sweet 12+ people talking in the same room is ridiculous and minimum radio time is a must not to mention its hard to listen to shots, Movement. Use desc words when moving to a new location "Squad 2 moving to large steel industrial" "brown log cabin north of main road" Good communication will save us time so we don't ask who's at this house every 2 mins or less.

4.We all need roles sniper, M4, hatcheting buttpirate, whatever your fancy is and and split into 2 groups and stay by your homies and support them which we have no problem with this but might as well add it in.

5. YOU better know where you are and always communicate who's where and doing what in a serious firefight it saves lives and so none of us don't feel too guilty for shooting you when you don't answer "who's in the red apt top floor" and everyone says not I and someone gets shot....

6. So you like to snipe don't want to move around ? snipe only when needed still targets unless they are close, don't give away your position, With multiple shots snipers play a big part in the game and need to be unseen, to spot and let the team know where people are. If you have a head shot lined up use it. If not listen for shots with a 1-4 on how loud it is and what direction or even close-far prox always be looking out terror strikes when you least expect it.

and last but not least in the fun we have had thanks for the support and being there with us in times of need great job all of you now that we have more people we need to work on these things and work more organized it will make things go faster.

Last edited:
Very well put .. I agree with it all .. Soulzz he put your favorite hangout in there " penis rock sticking out of the ground " !!

Considering the recent patch change, should we also add CQB or variant thereof I feel the shotgun will be used a lot more than people realize.

in close its a one shot kill from my understanding.

Should we also have dedicated Medics? AKA your job is to provide support in close, bandage and tend to wounded find saline/blood provide pain killers epi pens, morphine, charcoal? Perhaps go out and get water?

May I also suggest before you take a shot, call out when where and what you're shooting at.

Firing, Zed on runway, Zed down?

Firing, Sniper on ATC, tango down. etc.

This game is gonna get a lot more hectic in the coming months.

always identify the target type and location before firing. If you or a teammate aren't in immediate danger, try to range the target, and provide this info to your teammates BEFORE you engage. Sure it's nice to get the kill, but numbers will yield the best results.

Also if you're sniper, take note of your location and direction you are facing. If you have two snipers grouped up and you have a team moving through a town, communicate between each other, one watches 12 o clock the other watches their six and call out targets this will allow the fire team to take cover get in position and perhaps even ambush the OpFor.

there are several other movement tactics that I learned while playing with 16AA, that we should use.

good stuff, I vote that the sniper squad HAS to wear russian hats and aviators, but its a bit illogical to require this until we can stockpile the items. (TENTS)

Great stuff been saying same stuff along them lines in ts but some of us will play tacticaly and the rest wont... its great to use them as skirmishers or fodder.

its quite easy to find the items needed scopes and other things will be a team effort

Back