Preview: BC2: Vietnam!!

Dirty-Lex

Admin
Admin
The sun breaks the horizon, it's warm orange glow reflects off of the water on the rice paddies, and it's already a whopping 98 degrees out! It's December 21st 1969, and somehow, you've scored a one way all expenses paid vacation to the Kason Mai Valley courtesy of Uncle Sam in good ole' Vietnam! You've been in country for about 3 months and you've already had a couple close calls during the last few night patrols in the jungle. Besides the VC trying to kill you, every snake, bug and wombat in the whole damn jungle seems to be out for blood of the American GI. After about a week of working the “night shift”, and slipping the operations weenie up at HQ a carton of smokes you've earned you and your squad the day off. It's only a few days until Christmas and lucky for you, Staff Sergeant Eddy Winters your squad leader even scored you and your squad a couple cases of Bud for weekend 'Nam ain't so bad after all right?

With the release of Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam just around the corner, it's release comes just in time for that special time of year. I don't know about you but nothing gets me into the holiday spirit like shredding my enemies into tinsel with an M60 machine gun slung from the side of a US Army Helicopter. Deck the halls with the blood of those VC commie bastards with the tracks of your M60 Patton Tank as you roll over the napalm scorched earth of the infamous Hill 137!....splattering Christmas cheer as you go. Ho Ho Ho.... Ho Chi Minh

Can you smell the glee and festive spirit in the air?? I know I can, or maybe its just the Napalm..

Okay aside from all the Christmas corniness and communist killing awesomeness this title carries some serious potential. For those who were fortunate enough to play EA's Battlefield Vietnam in 2004, you will definitely be having some serious flashbacks and feel right at home. DICE is bringing back some of your favorite weapons and vehicles from the first game with a few new ones in-store as well! From what we have seen so far, BC2: Vietnam brings a new twist of old school vintage game play (like the in game radio for vehicles) and combines them with the new flavor of destruction 2.0 making for a very deadly and explosively pleasing online experience.

Whats exciting about BC2: Vietnam is that it is a virtually untapped genre for the online FPS experience. The Vietnam era offers a perfect happy medium between the stale and mundane monotony of the WWII genre and at the very same time, it offers some much needed relief from the “modern age” shooters. In the Jungles of Nam' its gonna be one hell of a fight! With a ton of seasoned FPS vets pouring into BC2: Vietnam, players who are popping their FPS cherry with this title better get your war face on, cause the jungle will eat you alive. To wrap things up Vietnam brings one more treat to the table of destruction that I cannot wait to get my hands on: The Flamethrower. Got a camper in a really annoying spot? FLAMETHROWER!!! Bunch of team-killers being total Asshats? FLAMETHROWER!!! In-laws coming to visit for a “Holiday get together”? Gaggg! Its cool dude. I know what your thinking and no boss don't just bend over and take it, just grab your FLAMETHROWER!!! and give your mother in-law a nice warm hello.... Now wait a second don't' get carried away just yet or you might do some serious time........wait till you've platinum star'd that bitch first.

On a more serious note, upon the release of this new weapon I am going to predict that there will be some serious 3rd degree Burnination taking place by every noob on virtually every server. According to BC2: Vietnam's official blog page: http://badcompany2vietnam.com/bad-company-2-vietnam-flamethrower/ the flamethrower will burn your health down, at a pretty generous rate, if you are caught up in it's inferno. So if you don't like your ass running around A'la Flambé I highly suggest putting healthy 3 round burst of "F#$k NO!" in the face of every gas tank toting douche you happen to run into. This weapon is going introduce a serious fun factor to the combat zone where as if you cannot explode your problems away, than you are just going to have to BBQ your way through them; the type of BBQ that smells like........ victory...

Check out more updates and commentary as we get closer to the release of Bad Company 2: Vietnam that is going to hit Server Side on the the 21st of Dec. As Always, the True Born Gaming Community is going to be among the first to welcome you to Viet-effin-Nam. Check out the latest gaming news, our #1 player rated servers and more at www.tbgclan.com

Welcome to Nam!

Back