Permabanned from server for using the racial slur "zombie jew"

Solidus

Morning.

Yesterday, I was playing on the BF3 24/7 Wake Island server and in frustration with the support guys on my team not supporting, I typed into the chat "FOR F***ING ZOMBIE JEWS SAKE DROP AMMO." Now maybe I am not aware of the discrimination the undead chosen people face or that you guys don't care much for using the lords name in vain, but I think it's more likely that I just got screwed over by the auto admin. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but I would very much appreciate it if I could be unbanned.

My username on battlefield 3 is Augmented_Agent.

The appropriate place would be to fill out a ban appeal. However the auto admin did not screw you over anymore than it was designed to. We ban for that word and other offensive slurs. Rather permanently in cases of purposeful use. I am pretty sure you would have gotten away with using the lords actual name in vain here. I mean no one would have noticed except those playing on the server and well.. Jesus.

Feel free to fill one out, Just letting you know that as a matter of History and Policy its likely a waste of time. http://www.tbgclan.com/forms.php?do=form&fid=1

I made a ban appeal. However, I think permabanning without warning for saying the word "jews" in any context is very harsh considering it isn't a racial slur. I know this because I live in a community with a sizable Jewish population and I myself am of Jewish descent. I promise not to use the word in any TBGClan server from now on, though.

A head admin will respond to the ban appeal thread soon. It will likely be discussed first so I apologize for any delay. Every case is reviewed and no matter how I may or may not feel about it I am just a messenger. Its up to them and a decision will be made on it. To the best of my knowledge either way your still allowed to play on our other servers unless you make an issue of the decision made. This type of ban is usually only extended to our other servers if someone is an ass about the end result.

As far as the implementation. The auto admin can't really make decisions. We choose to catch those who would rather disrupt the play environment and deal with those caught in the cross fire as it comes to it. Than to let them continue on harrasing people while an admin is not around. You should know that I have been on many other servers that ban for the same things automatically so no matter what happens here just let that be advice going forward on any server.

You clearly used the word in a derogatory manner. The rules scroll in game every 100 seconds and you can type !rules on any of the servers to find out the rules. We'll discuss this, but I'm pretty sure it will not be lifted.

Back