[OVER!] I'm giving away 2 copies of Harvest: Massive Encounter!!!

HeatSurge

I just feel generous today, so along with my KF offer here:

http://www.tbgclan.com/showthread.php?t=4338

I'd like to give away two copies of Harvest: Massive Encounter. Steam Only!

Note: This is only valid until the holiday sales are over, which should be tomorrow morning (ask me here or on Vent to confirm)!

Basically it's a tower defense game. It's like a cross-breed between Defense Grid: The Awakening and Starcraft. Here is the official trailer:

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CE7xhB0EjoI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CE7xhB0EjoI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

It should be fairly self-explanatory.

You can chain laser towers and build all kinds of defenses of varying power and range that way. Along with free placement and free enemy pathing, the possibilities are truly endless (although I admit when I played I kinda found my "style" of defense and just kept doing it over and over because it worked, but that's kind of what you do with all games, no?). You might come up with something completeley different which works for you.

The game is realtime, but it's pausable anytime and you can queue up buildings and stuff while in "pause mode" without having to worry about being attacked, which makes the game low-pressure and very strategic.

The whole game is highly polished, and for a small dev studio (main coder for the whole game is just one guy I think), I feel like it's a truly amazing accomplishment (which is why I picked the game, also because it's cheap lulz).

The controls are very intuitive (~5 minutes learning curve, if that), but mastering the strategy like the video says is... impossible. Not in the sense that you can't win, but in the sense that there are so many combinations and possibilities that it's impossible to really say "this is the best defense ever and it can't be improved."

One thing about the game is that most game modes end up in you being overwhelmed and your base being destroyed. I think the only mode you can "win" is "Wave," if I remember correctly. The other modes are survival-based, and there are finite resources while the enemies keep increasing endlessly... so there is an end.

There are numerous achievements in the game, and they are all really, really cool. In fact, I feel like Harvest: ME got the achievements "right" much better than even Valve's own games do. When you have the achievements, and as you strive for them, you'll truly feel that you have a firmer grasp of the game mechanics and are a better player overall, as opposed to "kill scout 500 times with boxing gloves"-type achievements.

I played Harvest: ME for about 20 hours to get all achievements and feel some sense of "completion" of the game, but I'll never forget the experience, and I'll come back to play some more in the future. By the way, the whole game is kind of a "sandbox" experience, there is no real story or campaign.

I had a lot more enjoyment from this game, and I feel it's even coded far better / has a "deeper" strategy feel than Defense Grid: The Awakening, and I'm utterly annoyed that it hasn't received more recognition than it has, while Defense Grid keeps getting bought more and more.

Like with KF, first come first serve, TBG preferred.

Re: I'm giving away 2 copies of Harvest: Massive Encounter!!!

Bump. Nobody is interested at all? It's a really cool tower defense game.

lol heatsurge is giving away 4 games and no takers...jeez

well you said tbg members first. i waited and since no one answered, ill call dibs.

barto sorry man, but this was only while the holiday sale lasted.

Harvest: ME is back up to $9.99 (it used to be $2.50 until this morning at 12pm eastern)...

I gave two copies to roth and TK anyway early this morning before I went to work, because I think they'd enjoy them, even though they didn't ask for them...

This is now over... Should've made a post yesterday evening.

oh man thanks, that made my day when i saw the gift. i havent been on the site much to check with work/baby but i would have asked when i saw the thread!!

i am enjoying defense grid too, i see TK likes it as well.

i miss signing on to Steam and seeing the sales. its kinda boring to log-in now :(

agreed, steam store is hella lame now haha
yea, defense grid is a lot of fun, have yet to try this game out though

Back