"new" resident evil

BlitZ003

whats the difference here? a guy on the morning talk show I listen to is a big gamer and has been raving about it but said its the same game. same game just updated graphics or what? I liked the first one and was curious. @Bungied2theTree for some reason I feel ull be able to shed some light on this for me

I need to look into it but far as i know its the original RE in HD.
System Requirements

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, AMD Athlon™ X2 2.8 GHz, or better
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX260, ATI Radeon HD 6790, or better
      Monitor Resolution: 1024×768 or higher
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectSound compatible (must support DirectX 9.0c or higher)
    • Additional Notes: Controller: Supports Keyboard +Mouse. Genuine Xbox 360 PC compatible controller or comparable XInput-based gamepad recommended.
      Note: Some high end integrated graphics chips and modern laptop class discrete GPUs may work but have not been tested, nor are they officially supported by Capcom.

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Quad 2.7 GHz, AMD Phenom™ II X4 3.0 GHz or better
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560, ATI Radeon HD 6950, or better
      Monitor Resolution: 1280×720 or higher
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectSound compatible (must support DirectX 9.0c or higher)
    • Additional Notes: Controller: Supports Keyboard +Mouse. Genuine Xbox 360 PC compatible controller or comparable XInput-based gamepad recommended.
      Note: Some high end integrated graphics chips and modern laptop class discrete GPUs may work but have not been tested, nor are they officially supported by Capcom.
Enjoy the hi res classic horror game yall remember playing back in the DAY

ok that's kinda what I thought was the big deal was that is was just updated graphics with same game/story line so updated graphics yay but before I buy it ill need to get a job and finish the first bioshock first

Yeah i think it would be a fine game to own. $19.99 on steam. One of the few single player games i have absolutely no problem playing!

god! I hated the zombies in that one...those motherfuckers if they got within 5 feet of you they leaped at your ass!

All they wanted was to hug you to death snake gosh! I hated the lickers and dogs had to aim downwards haha controls were so bad. Oh of course new control system
"

ss_a7885d2ba6ca01343d4b58bfe10b74efabaa7eb7.jpg

3321b9b4ca0cba85a05acf683887d31a.jpg

Game Informer's most recent digital issue (Feb) contains a glowing 9.5/10 (!!) review with these accolades:

“A high-definition version of the phenomenal GameCube remake”

“A beautiful, atmospheric masterpiece”

“The most accessible entry point into the classic RE formula”

“One of the greatest horror games of all time becomes even better”

The game releases January 20!

483 commentsREAD MORE
Reviews
“The models look great, especially on a high-end PC with all of the settings jacked up.”
9.5/10 – Destructoid

“One of the greatest horror games of all time becomes even better”
9.5/10 – GameInformer (print)

“This is the perfect opportunity for newcomers to jump in, and hardcore fans can look forward to the definitive version of a survival horror classic.”
9.3/10 – GameTrailers

About This Game
The game that defined the survival-horror genre is back! Check out the remastered HD version of Resident Evil.

In 1998 a special forces team is sent to investigate some bizarre murders on the outskirts of Raccoon City. Upon arriving they are attacked by a pack of blood-thirsty dogs and are forced to take cover in a nearby mansion. But the scent of death hangs heavy in the air. Supplies are scarce as they struggle to stay alive.

Graphics
  • More detailed graphics that retain the horror.
  • The environments come alive with detail thanks to resolution upgrades and non-static 3D models.
  • Post-processing effects like Bloom filters, which were not easy to do at the time of the original release, have been added to make the HD graphics even more realistic.
  • High-Resolution Environments - We've increased the resolution of the background environments by recreating them with a mix of high-res static images, plus animated 3D models.

Widescreen Support
  • Widescreen (16:9) is supported, so players can experience a greater sense of immersion.
  • In widescreen mode, the screen will scroll. The parts of the screen that get cut off on the top and bottom will scroll into view automatically depending on the character's position.
  • You can switch the display mode during gameplay in real time.

Sound & New Controls
  • High-Quality Sound - The audio has been remastered to increase the sampling rate, and of course 5.1ch output is also now supported.
  • New Controls
  • You can play using the original control scheme or an alternate control scheme that lets you just push the analog stick to move in the direction you want to go.
  • You can switch the control scheme during gameplay in real time.

Thats why you use shotgun for the Hunters and dags. you could use the pistol against the dags if they were far enough away. Otherwise you were right...had to like time the downwards shots so you dont waste ammo!

Back