New nVidia drivers

I dont want to... I'm scared to update my drivers! I hear bad stories of people doing this and then they have to roll it back!

Nah! Worse thing that happens is your PC fries itself and burns your house down. How bad can that be? No mortgage!!!!!

The 180.48 driver are actually pretty good. The only thing that I found that kinda sucked was that in 2142 when any type of explosions or going invisible with recon my screen would go blank (black) I had to turn off AA in the menu to stop the black screen. I adjusted the settings in the Nvidia control panel to get the graphics better.

Is that why my screen goes black?? I've been wondering....thanks for the tip!

I got a couple of rockin GS 6800s in SLI............lol!! Anywho, I updated the drivers for the first time in over a year. Now I get a bit more of the crashing to desk top and my computer even resets itself from time to time. And I don't see any noticable improvements in my graphics.........................

[quote1229701147=Birch]
I got a couple of rockin GS 6800s in SLI............lol!! Anywho, I updated the drivers for the first time in over a year. Now I get a bit more of the crashing to desk top and my computer even resets itself from time to time. And I don't see any noticable improvements in my graphics.........................
[/quote1229701147]

I heard that the new 175.24 drivers were ok but a lot of people went back to the previous driver or I think it was the 168 or something. Just make sure you uninstall the drivers from the control panel and then run drive cleaner pro. Reboot then install your choice of drivers. I never did it this way until I had issues with the current 180.48. Now it's all good. running 2 8800 gtx in sli.

175.24 nearly made me throw my computer out the damn window and put it and myself out of our misery. I rolled back to the previous version and it still is not the same.

Back