New gun?

Frogchiz77

So i was playing on |tbg| titan suez 64 today and i killed a guy with my good ol voss, picked up his kit and saw this ;
my.php
[/URL][/img]
my.php
[/URL][/img]

It's the BOFORS. Basically, it's only available to pre-orders from best-buy of BF2142... You can't get it anymore, supposedly.

What's kinda sad is that it is in the game, skin, model and all. IDK if it has an online "key" or "toggle" component or something that goes with your account, otherwise it might be theoretically possible to "unlock" it by changing some files or something...

Basically, it replaces the SCAR (on those pre-order games from Best Buy). All kills show as SCAR kills on the score table and the stats. It has the exact same spread/recoil/everything as the SCAR. Only the model/skin of the weapon and the HUD is different supposedly (although I have only seen it like once or twice myself - I hate to pick up kits and usually don't do it unless it's really necessary, that's probably why).

Here's a mod to use it, but it's only for singleplayer and I've never actually installed it so I don't know how to so don't ask me. I've just seen this "out there" and people say it works so here ya go:

http://www.moddb.com/games/battlefield-2142/addons/bofors

BTW it is said that a lot of people don't like it and would even like to have their SCAR back, because supposedly it takes up a lot of the screen and/or they don't like the sights... but DICE hasn't offered a way to switch to the ordinary SCAR... so they're stuck with BOFORS's as well...

That really does take up too much of the screen. So much for the guy sneaking up on the right.... blind spot = dead

Back