MIA for the next few days.

Irish

Retired Founder
Retired Founder
Building a new pc. Hit a few speedbumps though. First I ordered the Corsair H55 cooler and was told I need the AM4 retention bracket that was not included. After ordering it i then opened the H55 box and saw that it does indeed have the bracket even though it d idnt say on the box that it had it. That's #1

#2 Once I realized I had the bracket I got excited and started the build only to find the cooler didnt come with the backplate nor was the mobo shipped to me with one (An accident by Fabio. No worries.) I took apart my current build to see if the backplate works for the AM4. It doesn't. So I had to order an aftermarket one on Amazon. It will be here tomorrow. Then I'm have to build it and migrate my OS to my M.2 SAD.

FUN FUN!

I'll be poking around on my phone and laptop if anyone needs me.

~Irish

Build is doing good. I bench tested it all before putting it in the case. Works beautifully. Got all the hardware in place with no real issues. Did some light cable management. Powered it up and it booted just fine.

Should be back Friday or Saturday. Would be sooner, but I got a concert tomorrow night. G3!

Back