Loss of video signal

sixer9682

Lately, the last couple of days, I've been experiencing loss of video signal during gameplay. I thought it might be a problem with the gpus since I'm running 2 4870s in crossfire, but after uninstalling first one, then the other, the problem is not limited to either board but affects both of them.

I thought it might be s PSU problem, but that checks out okay-at least with the basic psu tester I have. I'm getting a better one this week, so we'll see then. I had recently installed Microsoft's Net framework 3.5, so I uninstalled that but am still getting the same problem, if less frequently.

I've tried different drivers. I was using the 8.10, but I also tried the 8.11, 8.12, and 9.1-the latest out and the problem persists.

Any ideas on this one. It's just odd as hell and annoying as hell too. 003

PC Power & Cooling 750W Silencer
MSI X48C mobo
Core 2 duo e8600
2 Saphire 100259L 512mb 4870 in crossfire
2x1GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 F3-12800CL9D-2GBNQ
WinXP SP3
(edit-added specs)

F'n computers; couple things to try six. First, try different monitor. Or, heat can be shutting your cards down; lastly, your fav...memory

The monitor-I've tried two of them and the same result.
Heat-not an issue. In Crossfire-first card under load 48c second card 55c.
Either card by itself 43cidle 47-48c load.
Memory-Memtest shows no errors through 2.5 hours testing this morning at 1600mhz. 1.6v.

Personally, I'm voting in favor of the combination of ATI drivers and Winxp. But then WTF do I know.

I think it has something to do with the memory timings...again. So, balls you were right. The problem has disappeared while I've run it at 1333, but with the stock memory settings at 1600 I start getting loss of video signal. I'll have to dig a little deeper into the advanced timings and see if I can't get it figured out....bastards.

I have a Velocity Edge GX435
Type Intel Core i7 920 / 2.66 GHz Multi-Core processor technology Quad-Core 64-bit processor overclocked to 3.01 GHz
Installed Qty 1 Max processors supported 1 Processor cache level 2 size (for systems with L3 only) 1 MB Cache Memory
Type L3 cache Installed Size 8 MB Cache Per Processor 8 MB Mainboard
Data bus speed 1333 MHz RAM
Installed Size 3 GB Technology DDR3 SDRAM Memory speed 1333 MHz Memory specification compliance PC3-10666 RAM form factor DIMM 240-pin Storage Controller
Type Serial ATA - Integrated Controller interface type Serial ATA-300 Storage
Floppy drive type None Hard Drive 1 x 500 GB - Standard - Serial ATA-300 - 7200 rpm Hard Drive (2nd) None Hard Drive (3rd) None Optical Storage
Type DVD?RW / DVD-RAM Disc Labeling Technology LightScribe Technology Optical Storage (2nd)
Type CD-RW / DVD-ROM combo

Back