Guide to storing your BF:BC2 without EADM

HeatSurge

Just FYI, you can take the installation of BF:BC2 out of EADM very easily, so you never EVER have to install the piece of shit again.

To do so, install EADM (you only have to do it once, I know it sucks serious balls) and DL your game.

When it's downloaded, DO NOT INSTALL it yet - go to this HIDDEN folder (you have to enable "see hidden folders" to see it somewhere in winexplorer:
c:\ProgramData\EADM\Cache\{yourusername and some random numbers}

There, you should have a folder called "bf2_dd" or something similar. That's basically the installation of the game. You can verify it by going into it and seeing if you have "autorun.exe," "setup.exe" and so forth. Just copy that folder somewhere else (for backup) or even burn it to DVD (dual layer required as it's 5.4GB though :-/ )!

When you've copied it somewhere else, or burned it to DVD, you can safely erase the PIECE OF SHIT EADM, including the PIECE OF SHITT-ER Adobe AIR, as well as the useless Visual C++ 2005 redist (Assuming you have the more up-to-date Visual c++ 2008 redist which you should).

Use the key from your email receipt (write it down or keep it in your email) and you're set.

To install at anytime, just launch "autorun.exe" in the BF:BC2 folder and follow the setup.

Now, you don't have to install EADM or Adobe AIR(WTF?) ever again! Enjoy.

(if you have any questions, let me know here and I'll do my best to answer them)

Back