Everquest Next / Elder Scrolls Online

cky2kenndel

Whats up dudes/dudettes some of you may not have seen me around but i'm a wee little trial member from BF4 and hopefully I'll be a part of this community soon enough. Anyway I'm planning on launching with both of these titles and then seeing which one i like but is anyone else planning to do that? We could get a day 1 guild going that will pick up a ton of steam early on and be a powerhouse. Anyone really excited to play them?! I'm cautiously optimistic about EQ Next but if they pull it off it should be dope. ESO seems to be your standard MMO but within the ES world I'm sold on it.

I have been dabbling in the ESO beta and will definitely be picking it up on release. Note: if folks are expecting a Skyrim MMO, you will be sorely disappointed.
I left my first beta play through with deflated expectations, IE no aiming feature for archery, thus no crit multiplier for head shots; very linear introduction; you cannot fill a house with cabbages, etc...
However, on my second play through this past weekend, I was pleasantly surprised by the game. I took my time rather than trying to burn my way into higher level content and found that the introduction (lvls 1-10) is linear in order to guide folks that may be new to Elder Scrolls and MMOs. Most importantly I chose an archetype that meshes better with my play style. First go round I chose to be an archer first and foremost. Poor decision, as I am historically a melee based MMO-er, specifically the tanking variety. I chose to try out the Templar class this time and thoroughly enjoyed it. This past weekend's addition of crafting also led to a whole different way to spend your time.
The developers have some work ahead of them, but I do not foresee this being the next SWTOR, free-to-play within the first few months.

Can you share some basic stats? Classes/level cap/size just random general observations?

Nice. I hope to get a beta key soon to check it out. The EQNext stuff sounds fun but i'd like to play a traditional leveling MMO personally.

Not likely another beta until February. Should be an open beta in March prior to the 4/14 release.

Back