Clutch (PC Game) - Carmageddon Fans Rejoice

HeatSurge

Wow... I never even knew this game was in development - and it came out today out of nowhere.

It's really good though.

Basically a Carmageddon remake with pretty nice graphics and simplistic but fun sandbox gameplay.

If you enjoyed Carmageddon back in the day, I'm betting my ass you'll love this.

$30 is a little steep for it though imo, but I'll definitely buy it when it comes down a bit (or if they release a patch which makes me... jizz in my pants).

I was extremely surprised at the quality for a 600 MB game by an unknown Russian (?) studio.

Most likely... although that was never a PC game.

They recently also remade "Death Track" - a WAAAY old game (it fit on a 360k 5.25'' floppy - from the 8086/CGA days) - also by small russian studio.

Death Track was remade really really shittily though, so I was expecting Clutch (aka Carmageddon 3) to suck epicly as well, but it's actually quite good (with a few small gripes which are easily patchable - if they ever get to it). But even as it is, it's definitely worth checking out imo.

The new Death Track is WAY arcade, controls like shit, and none of the dark, gritty feel of the original was there whatsoever.

Back