Cleaned my GTX 1070 Ti

Knoxtane

Admin
Admin
Hey guys and gals! I decided after having my 1070 Ti for almost exactly 2 years, I wanted to clean it and change the pre-applied thermal paste.

Pretty easy to disassemble because it's the founders edition. Temperatures are better than what they were.

Previous temps on avg. 82c

Temps now 65c-70c.

Thermal paste I used was Arctic MX-4

BEFORE
OLDBEFORe.jpg

CLEANED
Cleaned.jpg

AFTER
After.jpg

Yeah.... I don't have the balls to do that. I would end out fucking something up.

Honestly, it was my first time and I was terrified. Luckily I have a founders edition card..so it's literally 14 screws and that's it. I had no wires to deal with, just the heatsink and shroud cover for the front half of the card.

It is not that hard with a bit of preparation and patience. Only thing I would mention is to make sure the heatsink has correct contact with the die when reassembling. Scews need to be put in in a opposing pattern to distribute force equaly for example. Have you stress tested it for more than 15min..?

It is not that hard with a bit of preparation and patience. Only thing I would mention is to make sure the heatsink has correct contact with the die when reassembling. Scews need to be put in in a opposing pattern to distribute force equaly for example. Have you stress tested it for more than 15min..?
Yeah, I've been gaming on for a while now and temps don't reach 60c with most games I play. When I play Hunt:Showdown is when I get to about 70c-75c but not 85c like before.

Back