CarRadio=1
VoipEnable=1
OriginalVOForEnemyTeam=0
MusicVolume=0.700000
VoipPushkey=1
SoundSystemSize=1
VOLanguage=1
Volume=1.000000

Make the changes Highlighted in Green, this will enable the radio in Vietnam X-pack, as well as enable the non-american characters to to speak english.

Don't forget to accept and save the changes.

In Game Settings
  1. Lower your resolution and turn effect and other graphic options to low
  2. Turn sound down from hi-fi to headset (you will have to do this each time you load the game) BC2 uses a lot CPU for sound. I
Settings File is located - Here
  1. Change sound quality to low (also changeable in game menu but resets every time to hifi)
  2. Change DXVersion-auto to 9 (to force DirectX 9)
  3. Change Bloom=true to false
  4. Change HSAO=true to false (also settable in the in-game "advanced" graphics settings)helps esp with quad core
  5. Change renderaheadlimit to 0 instead of 2 *New in Retail
Other settings.ini changes that you can try: (from BadCompanyTwo.Com)
  • Undergrowth=”medium” – Put this to low, if experiencing frame-rate issues.
  • Water=”medium” - Not really any water to traverse, go ahead and set this to low.
  • MSAA=”2" - This is Anti-aliasing, this will always use up a lot of a gpx cards resources. Set this to “0"
  • Shadows=”medium”- you can also set this to low to improve performance
  • Textures=”medium”- Setting this to low can improve FPS at the cost of visual eye candy.
  • Aniso=2 - Set this to 0 to disable Anisotropic filtering.
**You can also use Gossamer's Bad Company 2 Launcher Tool to adjust these settings**
To force the use of all processors: -
  • Add "+fullproc" without the quotations to your desktop shortcut or Steam game's "launch options". (This brings a small amount of extra CPU power, I know what EA Repi said in beta:)
  • You can go to Task Manager and manually heighten the priority to force it to use more CPU

Thanks, Guerrillero! This should help quite a bit.

Now, if I could just find that setting that kills all of the enemy when I hit the space bar...

There is one, the space bar while in the Heli, Fires missles.....

This works? Wondered why I selected English only, yet still had Vietnamese still

were do you add the +fullproc for Win7. I am in properties for BFBC2 and cann't place anything into target box

Back