"Battlefield 4 has stopped working" crash - - - possible solution.

OklahomaSoldat

So I've been getting the "Battlefield 4 has stopped working" crash, randomly, about once every few days I play. I have no idea what is causing it. I found this video online which recommends disabling Origin in-game and also running the game and Origin in administrator mode. I made the changes and will report back in a week or so to see if this helps eliminate the random crashing. Wondering if anybody elso had success with this "fix".

Reporting back to this thread to say...so far so good! I have had only 1 "BF4 has stopped working" crash since I implemented the fix recommended above. And, during that crash multiple other players on TS crashed at the same time for an unknown reason. There is a pop-up box that displays now stating the game is running in compatibility mode. Otherwise, there are no in-game issues.

Do you get a game error or a Video game driver error? I used to get a video driver and the game would crash.

Do you get a game error or a Video game driver error? I used to get a video driver and the game would crash.
It's a game error. Thankfully it' happens rarely. A few of the crashes I've had lately were in concert with other players crashing at the exact same time

Back