Battlefiled 3
Server name that you were banned on:
TBGClan 24/7 Armored Kill
Approximate Date/Time that you were banned:
12:30ish 4/8/13
Admin that banned you (If you remember):
-
If possible, the reason that you might have got banned for:
The game kicked me, and claimed that I had used a "racial slur". I had written a message in team chat that used the "curse" word "fuck", and the next thing that showed up in the chat window was a message that I was being banned for using a "racial slur". Several people had already used that word and worse in the match (if you can look up it's chat log, that'd be great), and in several other matches I've played on your servers, so I can't imagine why I'd be banned for it. The exact wording of the ban was: "Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster permanent ban issued on this Game Server for player 'Gerokeymaster' ... Banning for Racial Slur!! tanks that keep attacknig b, move the fuck up. you won't take the flag from 500 feet away 4/7/2013 9:39:23 PM" [Admin Decision]" (I highlighted and copied it from the battlereport after I was kicked. As you can see, I did not use any kind of racial slur, and there has never, to my knowledge, been a permanent, instant server ban from "cursing". I think this may have been some kind of bug/false positive as it mentions on this very page. I enjoy using the TBGClan matches, and really don't like the thought that this is apparently a common enough problem that it needs to be stated on the appeals page. I hope you can get this straightened out sooner rather than later.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Gero (gerokeymaster)
Any additional comments you would like to add?
-
This is directed for members and/or guests. Do not respond to ban appeal threads. Any posts that comes from anyone else will have their posts deleted.
-

Gerokeymaster' ... Banning for Racial Slur!! tanks that keep attacknig b, move the fuck up. you won't take the flag from 500 feet away 4/7/2013 9:39:23 PM" [Admin Decision]"

typo when spelling attacking.

a head admin will verify this and you'll be unbanned. Just be careful when you type in the future.

God, I didn't even see that! I thought it was for the cursing (though I'll try and do less of that too, I was just in a bad mood because my teammates weren't pushing forward, and it was losing us the match). Thank you for your help, and thanks to the admin that'll unban me!

Back