Aspect ratios and resolutions

Slapfactory

Admin
Admin
Hi all,

Recently I have switched to 16/10 aspect ratio (1920X1200) resolution on a 1440 240 hz monitor as I noticed targets are wider and easier to track. (Note the monitor is native at 16/9) Although it appears to have a significant positive impact in my gameplay, I am curious to know if there are any downsides to running this res. So far I can confirm my monitor still allows me to run at 240 hz, and have not physically noticed any additional input delay. Graphics still look good however, going from 2560 to 1920 does show a slight difference in sharpness. Has anyone used this res before and if so did you run into any problems? For BF4 I had to add a little in game upscaling to make it look better but again, is there additional latency when using the in game upscaler? I am sure most would say just go with what feels right however, I love learning techy stat stuff.

Thanks,

AFAIK, as long as frametimes are good, the impact is effectively zero. they are able to do waaay more complex image processing per frame than scaling with effectively no impact on input delays, given the hardware is capable of hitting a high framerate

Back