[H1Z1] 4/9/15 Update "Fifty Shades of Zed"

Bungied2theTree

Servers will be coming down tonight at 3AM Pacific for 2 hours.

Patch Notes:

• New Crates in the account item list will glow and have an exclamation point until mouse over or if the notification is clicked.
  • Medicine now restores a minor amount of health
  • The number of zombies has been increased.
  • There is a new "Feet" slot on the character loadout where players can equip workboots. Additional shoes will come soon.
  • Zombies do slightly more damage to players and have a greater chance inflict bleeding
  • Zombies do less damage against vehicles
  • Punji sticks no longer damage players inside vehicle
  • Stamina is reduced by a lesser amount when jumping
  • The recipe for ground tamper now requires metal sheets, nails, metal brackets, and branches.
  • Hitting players, animals and Zombies with the torch will now set them on fire.
  • Currently the only way to escape the fire is to wait (5 seconds for players, 20 seconds for zombies and animals)
  • .308 Rifle Scope zoom brought from 5x to 3.4x.
  • .308 projectile mass and drag decreased
  • Equates to better accuracy at range
  • The bullet land effects on most material types has been drastically improved for visibility.
  • Missed shots will be much easier to spot for both the shooter and the target.
Restraints – FIRST PASS:

• Handcuffs and Handcuff Keys can now be found in the world. Handcuffs may be used to restrain another player. Handcuffs must be placed in any of your weapon slots: Primary, Secondary or Tertiary. Left-Click mouse while aiming at another player who has his "hands up" (Default: F2 key). If you try to handcuff a player who doesn't have his hands up, you will be disappointed.
  • When you are restrained, clicking your mouse-button will cause you to struggle to get out. As it stands now, your chance to struggle increases each time you attempt to get out so the more you try, the better your chances.
  • To be set free from restraints, your savior must be wielding an item. For handcuffs, it’s a handcuff key. When they click you with the key, you’ll be set free and they will take possession of the cuffs.
  • This system is a first pass and we will be improving it in the upcoming updates. Look forward to new ways to remove restraints, new items to restrain people with, additional items to use on other players, etc...
Session Stats Session stats are now visible on the Death screen.

For H1Z1:

• Zombies Killed
  • Wildlife Killed
  • Recipes Discovered
  • Minutes Survived
For Battle Royale:

• Players Killed
  • Vehicles Destroyed
Body Sim

• Body Sim: Players now have endurance. Endurance will reduce over time on its own and sprinting will reduce it more. When endurance is low the player will begin to feel tired or exhausted, causing them to slow down in movement. You can restore endurance by resting in a bed. NOTE: You can only rest in a bed when you're feeling tired or exhausted.
  • Body Sim: Resting in a bed will give you a Well Rested effect, which initially restores 15% health and all endurance. It also gives you a brief increase in sprint speed and health regeneration.
Body Armor

• A new equipment slot has been added named Chest Armor. To make use of this slot, two new recipes can be learned:
  • Wooden Body Armor
  • Plated Body Armor
To get started discovering the recipes, look for duct tape, which appears in commercial and industrial areas. This armor will mitigate damage when struck in the chest. The plated armor is more effective than wood armor. Damage is absorbed based on the attack type. Damage mitigation effectiveness from least to most:

• Gun damage (Least)
  • Piercing/slashing melee
  • Blunt melee
  • Punching (Most)

Unofficial Patch notes from the H1Z1 Dataminer u/PhazePyre

Italics means they are my notes, sometimes I put my own little queries in there about what things might pertain to.

Bold (when used outside of list formatting) is to indicate a formatting error or spelling mistake.

What I am listing in these unofficial patch notes are things that have been modified within the game files (added or modified) so just because something has been added to the game files, does not mean it has been activated within the game, or even that it will. Wait for DGC to announce items for confirmation.

I have linked applicable official patch notes above so that you may compare and such.

In addition, I will not include any exploits/security related updates/ or bugs in these notes.

Definitions

Locale: String (text) lines that are for UI use. These may be for future implementations.

Assets: Physical models for the game.

Other: May refer to anything that seems out of the ordinary.

Locale
  • Item Names
    • Honey
    • .44 Magnum Round
    • Worn Handcuffs
      • Looks like they will gave durability for the handcuffs
    • Wax
      • Crafting material for the candle I presume
    • Wooden Body Armor
    • Plated Body Armor
    • Suture Kit
    • Brown Workboots
    • Grey Workboots
    • Grey Blue Workboots
    • Tan Workboots
    • Crate
    • Crates
    • Honey Comb
    • White T-Shirt
  • Item Descriptions
    • Tough workboots for the working man.
      • And inevitably woman too right? ;) haha
    • [Minor health restoration]
      • I assume this relates to the addition of health regen from medications. It has been appended to a few items like Hyperpheron and more
    • [Right click and select dismantle to break the ammo into Bullet Components while near a Workbench. The components can be used near a workbench to craft other types of ammo.]
      • This has been appended to multiple ammo item descriptions.
    • A complete survival suture kit for emergencies.
    • This bee box will produce honeycomb. If empty bottles are placed inside, the honey will drain into them and wax can be collected. Honeycomb will not be produced if the bee box contains more than five honeycomb or ten bottles of honey.
    • This wooden body armor will decrease damage done to the chest.
    • This will flatten a large area so that structures can be placed on it.
    • This body armor has been reinforced with metal plates and will reduce damage done to the chest.
  • General Text
    • Breakout
      • Most likely in reference to breaking free from restraints! Or they added Breakout as a mini game somewhere :p
    • You have Recieved:
      • I before E except after C!
    • Type
    • You feel refreshed after sleeping well. [Movement speed and health regen increased]
      • This pertains to the resting changes
    • Your Stats This Session
      • Wildlife Killed:
      • Minutes Survived:
      • Players Killed:
      • Recipes Discovered:
      • Zombies Killed:
      • Vehicles Destroyed:
        • Very excited for all these stats!
    • Your Stats This Round

• Feed Target
      • Don't want your prisoners to starve right!?
    • Chest Armor
      • Refers to the new loadout slot for armor
    • WellRested
      • New state obtained after resting. I wonder if craftable beds/bed rolls are a forseeable implementation for bases. Not for spawning but just resting at least..
    • BedRest
  • Server Names
    • Test Server 1-10
    • Phantomlords server
    • The Hammer Squad Quarantine Zone
    • 7th Street
    • Dawn of the Yetiz
    • The Walking Juiceboxes
    • The Viewage
Assets
A bunch of modifications of already existing models. Not sure what they are so please let me know if you notice significant changes with any pre-existing models/structures!

Images
UI
  • Addition of "Ultra_Rare" item status. Probably for emotes. Just used for the reward win system I believe.
Other
  • Addition of DeathMetrics in the client for Death Screen
  • Stamina reduction for jumping reduced from 18 to 6
  • Reduction of Prone Collision Height to .2 from .25
  • Increase of Stand Collision Height to 1.2 from 1
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask, send me a tweet or comment below! Thanks guys and keep on surviving!

Back